AsRock Z68 Fatal1ty Professional Gen3 - 2.20
CPU
i7-2600k 3.4GHz
Graphics
Intel® HD Graphics 3000/ MSI R7970 Lightning BE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you for reading my thread.

I've followed jhax01's thread and successfully installed Sierra on my laptop. Everything was working including the speakers.

However, I lost my speakers and mic after upgrading to High Sierra (HS). I'm using AppleALC and all I had to do in Sierra was to inject layout 3 through Clover. The same didn't work for me on HS. I get sound if I plug in my headphones just not through my speakers. I've also resorted to reinstall Sierra and even Windows to confirm that the speakers are working fine before putting up this post.

I'm quite sure I'm using Conexant CX20724 Codec, and have applied the layout as-with vit9696's guide. I've also patched DSDT with the audio_HDEF-layout3 and inject layout 3 via Clover/Devices/Audio, as well as the plist values via KextsToPatch, but none seems to work.

I attach the required error reporting files and also the codec_dump I've gotten from Linux.

Would appreciate if someone could please help me with the audio.

Thanks and regards,
Bubumac

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    118.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IORegistry.zip
    707.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Terminal.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 72
  • CLOVER.zip
    2 MB · Views: 85
  • codec_dump.txt
    8.3 KB · Views: 207

I've followed jhax01's thread and successfully installed Sierra on my laptop. Everything was working including the speakers.

However, I lost my speakers and mic after upgrading to High Sierra (HS). I'm using AppleALC and all I had to do in Sierra was to inject layout 3 through Clover. The same didn't work for me on HS. I get sound if I plug in my headphones just not through my speakers. I've also resorted to reinstall Sierra and even Windows to confirm that the speakers are working fine before putting up this post.

I'm quite sure I'm using Conexant CX20724 Codec, and have applied the layout as-with vit9696's guide. I've also patched DSDT with the audio_HDEF-layout3 and inject layout 3 via Clover/Devices/Audio, as well as the plist values via KextsToPatch, but none seems to work.

I attach the required error reporting files and also the codec_dump I've gotten from Linux.

Thanks and regards,
Bubumac

Is AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext up-to-date? (don't forget to update any other Lilu-based kexts you're using at the same time).

Is AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext up-to-date? (don't forget to update any other Lilu-based kexts you're using at the same time).

Hihi Rehabman, thanks for replying.

Yes. Both AppleALC and Lilu are v1.20, latest on vit9696’s Github, as attached in my earlier post. Not sure whats wrong. Would really appreciate your help please.

Thank you!
Bubumac

Thanks and regards,
Bubumac

Maybe you need FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext.
Or might need CodecCommander.kext.

Maybe you need FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext.
Or might need CodecCommander.kext.

Ok, FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Intel_HDMO_Audio didn't work for me. Same issue, only works with headphones.

Have not tried CodecCommander, not sure how to apply that kext.

Attachments

• IORegistry.zip
    702.1 KB · Views: 72
  • EFI.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 103
  • Terminal Saved Output.zip
    2 KB · Views: 77
  • RehabMan.zip
    119.6 KB · Views: 86
My bad... didn't think it was necessary.

Please see files requested.

When using an AppleHDA injector, AppleHDA.kext itself should be vanilla.
Your kextcache output shows that AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext is patched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back