Contribute
Register

No sound after updating from 10.13.1 to 10.13.2 on MSI GE72VR 7RF Apache Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
MacBookPro11,1 is a good non-HWP choice.

With a working Clover installation and config.plist, DSDT.aml patched with this:

-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS
-HPET
-SAT
-DMAC
-SLPB
-DARWIN
-LPC
-XHCI
-PLUGIN TYPE
-HDAS to HDEF
-HDEF
-RTC
-IRQs
-SBUS
-BLC0
-BUS1
-MCHC
-ALS0
-shutdown
-LOAN
-USBX
-PMCR
-IMEI
-EC
-PNLF
-HDMI
-Instrument EC Queries -> brightness keys

Created SSDT-DGPU.aml ;disable discrete GPU, SSDT-PNLF.aml;brightness patch, and SSDT-UIAC-ALL.aml;USB

Most things I've done are either because something is not working and I realized it or I happen to find solutions that others have done on several forums, which I did not know that I needed :)

Is there a list of the most common customizations for hackintosh notebook?

With a working Clover installation and config.plist, DSDT.aml patched with this:

-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS
-HPET
-SAT
-DMAC
-SLPB
-DARWIN
-LPC
-XHCI
-PLUGIN TYPE
-HDAS to HDEF
-HDEF
-RTC
-IRQs
-SBUS
-BLC0
-BUS1
-MCHC
-ALS0
-shutdown
-LOAN
-USBX
-PMCR
-IMEI
-EC
-PNLF
-HDMI
-Instrument EC Queries -> brightness keys

Created SSDT-DGPU.aml ;disable discrete GPU, SSDT-PNLF.aml;brightness patch, and SSDT-UIAC-ALL.aml;USB

Most things I've done are either because something is not working and I realized it or I happen to find solutions that others have done on several forums, which I did not know that I needed :)

You are probably doing more than you need to do.

Is there a list of the most common customizations for hackintosh notebook?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thanks for providing the information about ALC899, Now I'v solve the problem with multi-track audio ( one speaker playback and one bass speaker), since the layout.xml need propriate "IntSpeaker/SignalProcessing" and the right Amp node setting int Platform.xml, that could make the speakers sound. So I use AppleALC to Inject AppleHDA, that work quite well, but when I use AppleHDAInjector or realtekALC/aDummyHDA from toleda's audio_CloverALC source, there's no sound but HDA device seen. I tried many times, but never work, I don't know why!
The difference between our ALC899 is "LFE Playback Switch" at Node 0x1a that mine have not, your ALC899 is really souround 7.1 whitch is better, maybe you can make it better with my method.
here's Layout.xml and Platform.xml. Thank you for your reply again!

Attachments

• ALC899.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 54
  • layout64.zip
    7 KB · Views: 120
  • Platforms.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 106
Thanks for providing the information about ALC899, Now I'v solve the problem with multi-track audio ( one speaker playback and one bass speaker), since the layout.xml need propriate "IntSpeaker/SignalProcessing" and the right Amp node setting int Platform.xml, that could make the speakers sound. So I use AppleALC to Inject AppleHDA, that work quite well, but when I use AppleHDAInjector or realtekALC/aDummyHDA from toleda's audio_CloverALC source, there's no sound but HDA device seen. I tried many times, but never work, I don't know why!
The difference between our ALC899 is "LFE Playback Switch" at Node 0x1a that mine have not, your ALC899 is really souround 7.1 whitch is better, maybe you can make it better with my method.
here's Layout.xml and Platform.xml. Thank you for your reply again!

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

what is -DMAC -BLC0 -PMCR -BUS1 use for? where's the patches in RehabMan's OS-X-Clover-Laptop-master?

I think you are not replying to me...

By the way, I use full hotpatch in clover, and I want to use -HPET and -IRQs in Hotpatch, is there any way to patch it in SSDT not Clover's self-contained patches?

No.

I think you are not replying to me...

No.
Thank you for your reply, Master RehabMan, you are so kind:)
I'm new here, maybe I reported to the wrong place.o_O

Thank you for your reply, Master RehabMan, you are so kind:)
I'm new here, maybe I reported to the wrong place.o_O

Regarding " -DMAC -BLC0 -PMCR -BUS1", you should probably ask @tbrautaset, why those might be considered necessary.
My guess is they are not necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back