EVGA GTX980ti
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am using a GA-Z97-HD3, i7 4790k, and 980ti. It doesn't see any sound devices and I have tried a few of the common fixes listed with no luck. I hope someone can help thank you in advance for your help.

Had the same problem.

As a last resort, I tried using Multibeast 7.5 to install sound driver like I did for my Yosemite install and it worked. I have sound now.

You can try it. At least till the new Multibeast gets released.

did you had sound in your previous os x version? what method did you used? you need to patch your dsdt,

I also used the multibeast method. However, I did it differently. I downloaded the newest multibeast. Went to the file. Right clicked and went to show package. Navigated to the resources folder and installed my drivers. Looks like your motherboard uses the 887 so you should perhaps try the newest AppleHDA-887 drivers.

I did it with mine (1150) and it works perfectly. So Far.

just run toleda's script and done. it's easiest and best way. It even persists THROUGH updates. you won't have to run it again until probably 10.12 with clover method.

[SUP]I was trying that but I must have screwed up now it says rebuild kext and hangs on the boot. I am going to go in with another drive and see if I can just put in fresh kext files.[/SUP]

[SUP]I was trying that but I must have screwed up now it says rebuild kext and hangs on the boot. I am going to go in with another drive and see if I can just put in fresh kext files.[/SUP]

are you using clover? you need to have audio id 1 in your dsdt in order to make toleda's script work, have sip disabled b4 doing any patching/scripting.. you can probably boot from your broken installation if you can access your clover EFI and remove the patched strings from your config.plist

IMG_9979.jpgIMG_9979.jpgThat is what it says when I try to boot now.

It looks like it's refusing to rebuild your kext cache for some reason.

In your config.plist, do you have something like this:
Code:
	<key>RtVariables</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BooterConfig</key>
		<string>0x28</string>
		<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
		<string>0x3</string>
        </dict>

Can you try booting with no caches (it should be one of the Clover spacebar options)?

One you get that sorted then I would expect the audio_cloverALC script or direct kext installs to work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back