Motherboard
I still didn't read
CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Well, my ML Hackintosh ran for over a year very well, so I didn't want to upgrade to Mavericks and risk wrecking the system. However, I needed to use a program in Windows and this led to boot failure (I suspect some kind of virus) so that finally prompted my system upgrade. I have a working system again apart from there being no sound at all? The system says there is no hardware? Any ideas?
Also my system boots with a red "Safe Boot" message at the top left corner, is that normal?

System is a 4540s with an Ivybridge i5.

Regards, Pete

Well, my ML Hackintosh ran for over a year very well, so I didn't want to upgrade to Mavericks and risk wrecking the system. However, I needed to use a program in Windows and this led to boot failure (I suspect some kind of virus) so that finally prompted my system upgrade. I have a working system again apart from there being no sound at all? The system says there is no hardware? Any ideas?
Also my system boots with a red "Safe Boot" message at the top left corner, is that normal?

System is a 4540s with an Ivybridge i5.

Regards, Pete

Sounds like you're booting safe mode.

Clear any boot-args:
Code:
sudo nvram -d boot-args

Thanks for the quick reply!

I was just about to delete the thread :) I stopped the boot and tried to type in -v so I could monitor the loading. -f and -x were already there? I've taken out the -x and it booted without the Safe Boot message and I have sound :)

Next step is to take out the -f and see what happens.

Regards, Pete

Edit, seems to have removed itself, booted fine!

Good to converse again RehabMan, and thanks for trying to help.

Pete

Thanks for the quick reply!

I was just about to delete the thread :) I stopped the boot and tried to type in -v so I could monitor the loading. -f and -x were already there? I've taken out the -x and it booted without the Safe Boot message and I have sound :)

Next step is to take out the -f and see what happens.

Regards, Pete

Edit, seems to have removed itself, booted fine!

Good to converse again RehabMan, and thanks for trying to help.

Pete

It was there because it was in nvram boot-args. When you went to type in "-v" you discovered it there and erased it. Once you clear -x manually, /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.rehabman.delete-boot-args.plist takes care of clearing the other flags you may have typed. The -x cannot be cleared by the plist because it doesn't run in safe mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back