Contribute
Register

No sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
hjmm said:
are there any other items that must be taken care of to get Sleep working?
Have you checked your DSDT matches your BIOS ?
Are you using the one from the DB ?

Did you check: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1165 ?

Lnx2Mac said:
hjmm said:
are there any other items that must be taken care of to get Sleep working?
Have you checked your DSDT matches your BIOS ?
Are you using the one from the DB ?

Did you check: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1165 ?

My DSDT matches my Gigabyte motherboard model GA-P55-UD3R. I am running BIOS F6. The DSDT comes from MultiBeast 1.1.1. The release notes for MultiBeast 1.1.0 indicate that the DSDT is for F6, so I think I am OK there.

I did not see the sleep post before. I do have all the suggestions implemented -
no NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
checked 3 boxes in System Preferences/Energy Saver
got the right DSDT
DSDT named properly and placed in the /Extra folder by MultiBeast

Pretty much out of ideas for what to try. I noticed now in the course of waiting for a response that MultiBeast 2.0 has been released and a new, updated BIOS for my motherboard F7.

The other alternative is to roll back to 10.6.2 - any suggestions out there?

I thought that maybe MultiBeast 2.0.0 would make a difference for me, so I reinstalled everything yet again. Reporting back - still no sleep.

Has anyone out there got sleep working with a GA-P55-UD3R and a Core i5-750 on 10.6.3 (Method: iBoot/MultiBeast 2.0.0/Retail SL 10.6 DVD/10.6.3 combo update) ?

please let me know if you have had success, that would give me some idea that it is not impossible.... thanks.

MacMan said:
GA-P55-UD3R F7 is the current BIOS version and a edited DSDT for that version is in the DSDT Database.

thank you, that worked. I hadn't noticed the new BIOS. Apparently, F6 is a bad BIOS version for sleep functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back