Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am running 10.6.3 and did the MultiBeast 1.1.1 post-install for my P55-UD3R-F6 and 10.6.2 LegacyHDA

System is stable, I have audio fine, but no sleep (yes, I checked 3 boxes under System Preferences.../Energy Saver) . When I select sleep from the apple pulldown menu, the screen dims, but the system stays on and I am unable to wake up. Only remedy is to power off.

I have read through the previous postings and cannot find anything addressing a sleep issue since MultiBeast 1.1. Am I the only one with a problem?

Did you check enable Suspend-To-Ram in the BIOS?

hjmm said:
I am running 10.6.3 and did the MultiBeast 1.1.1 post-install for my P55-UD3R-F6 and 10.6.2 LegacyHDA

System is stable, I have audio fine, but no sleep (yes, I checked 3 boxes under System Preferences.../Energy Saver) . When I select sleep from the apple pulldown menu, the screen dims, but the system stays on and I am unable to wake up. Only remedy is to power off.

I have read through the previous postings and cannot find anything addressing a sleep issue since MultiBeast 1.1. Am I the only one with a problem?

Just checked that DSDT- all seems to be good there. And your bios settings are Optimized Defaults + SATA AHCI and HPET to 64bit? Any strange PCI devices?

Oh, Tony is present: Is there a way to enable Hibernate? (Suspend-To-Disk)
I forced OSX to use it with the PrefPane "Hibernate" and my sleepimage is present, but won't be written when going to sleep, PC only goes to normal Sleep although I selected otherwise in the BIOS.

tonymacx86 said:
hjmm said:

Just checked that DSDT- all seems to be good there. And your bios settings are Optimized Defaults + SATA AHCI and HPET to 64bit? Any strange PCI devices?

BIOS settings -
Optimized Defaults: yes
SATA AHCI: yes
HPET to 64bit: yes

Any strange PCI devices? No, only PCI device is the graphics card. Nothing else.

I have a similar problem. I can get SL to sleep from settings in energy saver no worries. However the only way I can wake the system is to insert and remove (or just remove) a USB adapter i.e. my Asus Bluetooth dongle or the likes. I use an apple wireless mouse and keyboard, and both fail to wake SL from sleep.

BIOs Settings are set as follows.

:?

arw said:
Did you check enable Suspend-To-Ram in the BIOS?

Yes, I never noticed that option until now. But it is set to STR by default.

p.s. I have also completely reinstalled from scratch - same result, no sleep.

any other ideas?

Hi,

same problem here. My System goes to sleep but wont weak up anymore. Strange behavior though.
The monitor went off, but the cpu cooler is still running.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Frit said:
Hi,

same problem here. My System goes to sleep but wont weak up anymore. Strange behavior though.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Check out your BIOS settings match the ones I posted here: viewtopic.php?p=13521#p13521
Also, in System Settings | Energy, select all three checkboxes

Good Luck !
Lnx2Mac

Lnx2Mac said:
Frit said:
Hi,

Any ideas?

Thanks

Check out your BIOS settings match the ones I posted here: viewtopic.php?p=13521#p13521
Also, in System Settings | Energy, select all three checkboxes

Good Luck !
Lnx2Mac

thanks for answering - and thanks for posting your screen shots.

My BIOS settings are correct, I think:

also, I checked 3 boxes under System Preferences.../Energy Saver

are there any other items that must be taken care of to get Sleep working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back