2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey everyone, I'm not usually one to pipe up in here, Usually all the questions I have , have been answered already but i've been scouring the forums and can't seem to find a fix for my particular problem.

I have seen others having this little problem but mine seems to be slightly different. First the hardware (Don't laugh its old...) Q9550 C2D, P5Q Pro Turbo motherboard, 8 gigs of samsung OEM ram @ 800mhz, 2x 250 gig Seagate Sata drives, ATI HD5770 video card and corsair cx430 power supply , using USB 2.0 keyboard and mouse. NO added peripherals. Bios is set to S3 sleep mode only.

Now what happens is I click sleep, monitors go to standby (Yes running 2, but doesn't matter i've tried singles already) , tower still runs about 10 seconds , keyboard still lit. Then goes off for about 500ms then back on fans spin up, HDD spin up and everything powers back up. I can't seem to put my finger on this problem. I installed the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, which fixed my shut down problems (I wasn't able to shut down only restart before installing this kext) I thought it would also solve my sleep issue and it did not. I also clicked the FIXSHUTDOWN in my clover boot loader for good measure.

Anyone have any insight to why I cannot sleep? Help would be great. Currently I have sleep disabled and need to shut down manually, which is a minor inconvenience but would be nice to get everything working :)

Anyone? I've tried P states, C states, Drop OEM, SuspendOverride, Just can't get sleep to work. When I started to change stuff it started breaking my boot loader so I reverted as nothing seemed to cure my sleep issue.

Hey everyone, I'm not usually one to pipe up in here, Usually all the questions I have , have been answered already but i've been scouring the forums and can't seem to find a fix for my particular problem.

I have seen others having this little problem but mine seems to be slightly different. First the hardware (Don't laugh its old...) Q9550 C2D, P5Q Pro Turbo motherboard, 8 gigs of samsung OEM ram @ 800mhz, 2x 250 gig Seagate Sata drives, ATI HD5770 video card and corsair cx430 power supply , using USB 2.0 keyboard and mouse. NO added peripherals. Bios is set to S3 sleep mode only.

Now what happens is I click sleep, monitors go to standby (Yes running 2, but doesn't matter i've tried singles already) , tower still runs about 10 seconds , keyboard still lit. Then goes off for about 500ms then back on fans spin up, HDD spin up and everything powers back up. I can't seem to put my finger on this problem. I installed the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, which fixed my shut down problems (I wasn't able to shut down only restart before installing this kext) I thought it would also solve my sleep issue and it did not. I also clicked the FIXSHUTDOWN in my clover boot loader for good measure.

Anyone have any insight to why I cannot sleep? Help would be great. Currently I have sleep disabled and need to shut down manually, which is a minor inconvenience but would be nice to get everything working :)

HI,

FYI, my original iMac (late 2008) has also sleep problems since OS X 10.11.5 (and wake-on-lan problems since 10.11.4), and I cannot manage to fix them.

However, you can know why your Mac wakes up using this terminal command :

Code:
syslog | grep -i "Wake reason"

You'll find explanation about the reasons given here, here or here.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back