Graphics
GeForce
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just finished building my computer. It is running SL 10.6.8 and I cannot connect to the internet. I ran the Lnx2Mac program but nothing changed. When I go into system preferences and Network it says that no services are in this location. I cannot add a service and when I add a location it will not let me apply it. I know my Realtek chip is RTL811E if that helps.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    508.2 KB · Views: 194
Make sure Internet is not disabled in BIOS.

Plug the cable into another computer (same router port) and check that Internet/router/cable work.

Did you follow all the suggestions on Lnx2Mac's page?

http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/2011/03/rev ... ports.html

Once you are getting something, proceed with the Assist Me in the Network pane in System Preferences....renew DHCP lease helped me last time.

I have the same problem, just did a 10.6.8 multibeast install on my new H67N-USB3 and can't figure the network problem.

So LAN is definitely on and in the BIOS it says it's detecting the ethernet cable. On the back of my computer a green LED turns on when I plug the cable in. But still no internet. Is there a way that I could manually install some sort of kext that would make it work?

Khanaset said:
Please answer the questions I asked above. Does it show up in System Profiler? Is the appropriate kext loaded (also visible in System Profiler under Extensions)?
Sorry I must have missed that. I'm looking in System profiler and it says there is not an Ethernet Card connected.
I really don't understand kexts. I know what they are sorta, but I don't know what to do with them. So I'm not sure which kext you are referring to or how I would load it. I do not see any extension that says Realtek or RTL.

Success! Thank you all. I ended up using multibeast to install the kext and it worked. I finally have internet and everything seems to be working perfectly :)

Khanaset said:
Does your network hardware even show up in System Profiler?. . .

I'm looking at the system profiler. I don't see anything for: HARDWARE:ETHERNET CARD.
I also don't seen any 3rd party Kexts in the Software section of the system profiler. I don't know if that is really the place to look for them.

I've used MB to install Inx2mac's kext, but no luck for me. Maybe RTK is onto something with a new release needed for that kext.

I used another kext from MB and got my network working. (Realtek Gigabit 2.0.6) However my system profiler still does NOT show my ethernet.

FWIW
-gig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back