GT240
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi guys,

Followed the xmove+multibeast install method to the T. However, after successfully running xmove, i reboot, but "installer" doesn't show in Chimera.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Chris

Is it an internal SATA drive? Is the partition GUID MacOSexended(Journaled). You can check if it is bootable by going to Disk Utility, highlighting the partition and then clicking the info. button on top.

Does the installer partition contain about 4.4 GB of files?

Yeah its the same physical drive as my boot drive.

As copied from the info in the disk utility.

Name : Installer
Type : Volume

Disk Identifier : disk0s3
Mount Point : /Volumes/Installer
System Name : Mac OS X
System Version : 10.7
System Build : 11A511
File System : Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
Connection Bus : SATA
Device Tree : IODeviceTree:/PCI0@0/IDE1@1F,2/PRIM@0/PMP@0
Writable : Yes
Universal Unique Identifier : A18702A3-4ECE-3782-BE43-D4D355A0FFAA
Capacity : 7.87 GB (7,865,761,792 Bytes)
Free Space : 3.45 GB (3,448,242,176 Bytes)
Used : 4.42 GB (4,417,519,616 Bytes)
Number of Files : 27,791
Number of Folders : 8,874
Owners Enabled : No
Can Turn Owners Off : Yes
Can Be Formatted : Yes
Bootable : Yes
Supports Journaling : Yes
Journaled : Yes
Disk Number : 0
Partition Number : 3

Thanks for your reply.

Chris

The drive looks like it should......

How many drives are showing up? I have noticed when Chameleon or Chimera runs out of screen real estate, some drive just don't show up, if you have any other drives plugged in either internal or external, try disconnecting them temporarily if the existing drives fill the screen horizontally.

Cheers mate ill give it a try tonight.

I did a clean install via USB on my mbp, if I use the same stick on my hack do I have to go through the rest of it or can I just upgrade like that?

Thanks again,

Chris

I am not sure you can use the same image as you used on your USB stick. If that were the case, XMove wouldn't be needed.

XMove creates a non-Apple hareware friendly installer package by moving the package files around and maybe deleting a few things....

You can try your existing USB stick, if it fails, you will know it pretty quickly, won't want to install at all....at least that was my experience trying to install directly from the downloaded image.

Ok,

So I tried unplugging everything bar my KB, ethernet and monitor. No Joy from Chimera.

Tried booting from the USB by holding Option at various points IE from when my MB says "loading Operating System" to when chimera kicks in, to the instant the grey os x screen appears.

Nothing.

I have quite possibly the worlds dumbest question, but, when chimera appears, it says "Press any key for start up options." Now i've punched just about every key and i dont see anything happen... Am i missing something?

Has anyone tried just d/l from app store and install from there?

Cheers

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back