Intel Core i7-6700T
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
I am having a slight (major) problem. While updating to 10.14.4 the screen went off someway through the update and never came back on again. I waited 30 mins and nothing.

I turned the computer off and started it again and even the motherboard screen won't come on. The screen works fine I checked it with my laptop.

Anyone ever had this problem? I don't even know what to do at this point.

Could be two things.. hardware failure or corrupted BIOS. Do you see any light activities while booting up the computer?

First try clearing the CMOS settings.

Thank you very much this worked. Removed the motherboard battery and cleared the CMOS. Reconfigured the motherboard settings, booted back up into clover and completed the installation. Now updated to 10.14.4.

Wonder why this happened? Maybe I should have waited longer after the screen went off to maybe complete the installation?

Thank you very much this worked. Removed the motherboard battery and cleared the CMOS. Reconfigured the motherboard settings, booted back up into clover and completed the installation. Now updated to 10.14.4.

Wonder why this happened? Maybe I should have waited longer after the screen went off to maybe complete the installation?

Corrupted CMOS could be caused by four things...
1) Dead or weak CMOS battery
2) Aborted BIOS update
3) Misconfigured BIOS settings
4) Virus or Malware

Corrupted CMOS could be caused by four things...
1) Dead or weak CMOS battery
2) Aborted BIOS update
3) Misconfigured BIOS settings
4) Virus or Malware

Okay thanks.. O don't know which of those would have been caused by the update...

Okay thanks.. O don't know which of those would have been caused by the update...

One of my computers experienced this before for no reasons as well. I would assume it could be caused by static, power fluctuations or strong RF interference. My computer wasn't protected with UPS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back