Contribute
Register

No screen after upgrade, back-up partition gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H370 DS3H
CPU
i5-8500
Graphics
UHD 630
Hello,

I just upgraded to Mac OS Catalina (just like a normal mac). After I upgraded my screen stops after 75% (Graphics buffering?). Before I upgraded I made sure to make a backup. I have a bootable partition on a second drive, but clover can't see (boot) from it. So now I'm completely stuck..
Can anybody help me out with this problem?

Thanks in advance!

So I had my Catalina booting up, with a different fake ID and platform ID. When the Mac was booted I didn't had graphics only 7mb. So I tried updating some kexts, but after I updated the kexts the Mac wouldn't boot. It restarts at 15%. So now I can't get into the Catalina install and can't even access my backup.. I made a different partition on a different drive. I tried booting from older Clover versions, then it showed my backup partition but when I wanted to boot from it, it wouldn't even show an apple logo.
I hope somebody can help me so that I can boot from Catalina so that I can use CCC to clone the old Mojave install to the SSD.
See the picture below, this is from trying to boot of the Catalina install after the kexts upgrade.
** In Memory Panic Stackshot Succeeded ** Bytes Traced 31312 **
Attempting restart

Attachments

• IMG_2486.JPG
    IMG_2486.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back