Motherboard
ASUS TP510UA-DH71T
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
Intel UHD620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
So far it's been successful hackintoshing this gaming laptop, the Gigabyte P57X v6 with OS Sierra. By successful I mean I can get the OS operating sufficiently with Intel graphics but otherwise there are a few kinks I have yet to figure out. The issues I am running into are pretty important ones. This is a laptop, and though my profile is the newest macbook pro (since I am running a skylake CPU), I cannot figure out how to get the OS to see my battery. I can charge it luckily, but there is no battery status in the menu bar. Despite it's SMBIOS profile, Sierra doesn't seem to be recognizing that it is a laptop. The display is showing as built in but it shows it's icon as an external display and I cannot change the brightness (so I am stuck using the app shady to deal with it). The screen on this laptop is a 17" and I am guessing that's part of the problem, since Apple no longer produces a 17" laptop. Those two problems are my top priority right now with this laptop. The whole reason I'm doing this in the first place is for production reasons, so this is a working laptop.

I am not a Linux noob, but I am a hackintosh noob, so I apologize in advance.

So far it's been successful hackintoshing this gaming laptop, the Gigabyte P57X v6 with OS Sierra. By successful I mean I can get the OS operating sufficiently with Intel graphics but otherwise there are a few kinks I have yet to figure out. The issues I am running into are pretty important ones. This is a laptop, and though my profile is the newest macbook pro (since I am running a skylake CPU), I cannot figure out how to get the OS to see my battery. I can charge it luckily, but there is no battery status in the menu bar. Despite it's SMBIOS profile, Sierra doesn't seem to be recognizing that it is a laptop. The display is showing as built in but it shows it's icon as an external display and I cannot change the brightness (so I am stuck using the app shady to deal with it). The screen on this laptop is a 17" and I am guessing that's part of the problem, since Apple no longer produces a 17" laptop. Those two problems are my top priority right now with this laptop. The whole reason I'm doing this in the first place is for production reasons, so this is a working laptop.

I am not a Linux noob, but I am a hackintosh noob, so I apologize in advance.

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back