CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[SOLVED] No output audio ports GA-H67M-D2-B3 / ALC889 after Chimera update on ML

Hey guys, I've updated to latest Chimera 2.0.1 and got no sound output devices listed in System preferences - Sound. I've downloaded MultiBeast 5.2.1 and tried to install drivers for ALC889 in differrent ways: with DSDT, without DSDT, with Optional 3 Port audio enabler and withoud it. The result is the same - no output or input ports listed in "Sound" applet. However there is an Intel High definition audio device in System information. As I understand the problem is that my ML does not recognize my rear 3 audio ports on the motherboard and ignores the path for 3 port audio enabler. Here a screenshot from System information, the dmesg output and IOReg. I also tried to downgrade to the first Multibeast for ML and install drivers from older versions but things didn't changed. Will appreciate any help :)

For information: before I updated Chimera the audio worked fine even the front panel.
MB: GA-H67M-D2-B3 rev 1.1 (ALC889), BIOS F7
Mountain Lion 10.8.2

UPD1. Added IOReg
UPD2. Problem solved. Remove (with backup!) file /Extra/Extensions/ALC8xxHDA.kext and reboot.

Attachments

• intel hd audio.png
    intel hd audio.png
    69.8 KB · Views: 236
  • dmesg.txt
    10.3 KB · Views: 270
  • ioreg.zip
    351.9 KB · Views: 93
Hey guys, I've updated to latest Chimera 2.0.1 and got no sound output devices listed in System preferences - Sound.
Chimera 2.0 has no effect on audio. The AppleHDA.kext is not from MultiBeast. Try MultiBeast 5.2.1 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC889. If no audio, reply with new IOReg.

Chimera 2.0 has no effect on audio. The AppleHDA.kext is not from MultiBeast. Try MultiBeast 5.2.1 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC889. If no audio, reply with new IOReg.
I'm not sure that Chimera has no affect on the issue. Downgraded to Chimera 1.9.2 with ALC889 from Multibeast 5.2.1 and the audio came back. Here is current IOreg.

Attachments

• ioreg-chimera1912.zip
    419.4 KB · Views: 64
I'm not sure that Chimera has no affect on the issue. Downgraded to Chimera 1.9.2 with ALC889 from Multibeast 5.2.1 and the audio came back. Here is current IOreg.
There is a different AppleHDA.kext in each IOReg. The AppleHDA.kext in Chimera1912 is correct.

So the problem is with new Chimera ?

UPD1 Using AppleHDA.kext from Chimera 1.9.2 has no effect, the audio is not wokring. The only way to get it back at the moment is to downgrade to Chimera 1.9.2.
No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back