Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170x-Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
R9 270X
Hello.
Ive had my hackintosh running for a long time, but finally decided to update to sierra.

What i did:
I first updated clover to the last version.
Then i droped the most essential kexts to the kext/other folder.
Then i downloaded sierra from the app store, and started updating my system.

My pc rebooted, and i chose to boot from my ssd.
And the instalation part has began.
in about 20 minutes, the pc rebooted.

And now, theres no osx partion to choose.
Only Boot macos from recovery hd
and boot recovery from recovery hd.

What should i do?
Any help would do.
Thnx.

Try to boot the Boot macOS Recovery HD to see if it can recover your system and restore that to macOSSierra System SSD.

Try to boot the Boot macOS Recovery HD to see if it can recover your system and restore that to macOSSierra System SSD.

tried that, but the system keeps crashing... in safe mode also...

Maybe i should try to reinstall sierra?
Or that may ruin everything completly?
But, i need to keep my files, that were on my el capitan.

You should have backed up your data before you tried to upgrade as they always caution considering this risk! How can you now get back into your el Capitan once you started the upgrade?

If you are going to reinstall Sierra , try to install it in a different SATA HDD or SSD and then once completed, connect the current disk and see if you can access the disk through the new System and recover any files. May be others can offer some other way to get your files on the original el Capitan System disk.

You should have backed up your data before you tried to upgrade as they always caution considering this risk! How can you now get back into your el Capitan once you started the upgrade?

If you are going to reinstall Sierra , try to install it in a different SATA HDD or SSD and then once completed, connect the current disk and see if you can access the disk through the new System and recover any files. May be others can offer some other way to get your files on the original el Capitan System disk.

Yeah, i guess i shouldve.
but i didnt had a spare hard drive...
and i was upgrading my system for the past 2-3 years, without any problems, so i thought it would work out just fine.

btw, i didnt had an option, to "boot macos install from el capitan" while the instalation process just started.
i only had on option to choose my osx partition.
And after that the instalation still proceded.

Maybe, thats where the problem happened?
and if yes, does anybody know how to solve it?

Do you have another hack or mac where you can connect this SATA disk installing it inside (if desktop) or connect using a SATA-USB adapter? In that case you can save your data there.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 6.08.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 6.08.16 PM.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 66
btw, i didnt had an option, to "boot macos install from el capitan" while the instalation process just started.
i only had on option to choose my osx partition.
And after that the instalation still proceded.

Once the upgrade starts the original el Capitan System HDD will be formatted and new files copied to that from the installer in the macOSSierra.dmg file that is automatically downloaded and installed. After the initial 12-20 minutes the system automatically reboots with its altered incarnation and continues with further installation and finally goes to the Desktop as the new system provided all the hardware in the original system was fully compatible. In a Hackintosh this is the most critical and unpredictable time. If everything works OK you get a brand new system but otherwise we can become grief-stricken!

My usual approach is to get a hard disk of equal or larger size and clone the previously working system as an insurance policy against upgrade failures. The Free linux OS "clonezilla" can make an EXACT CLONE of Mac, Windows or Linux Disk perfectly well; in my experience, much better than all paid software we are familiar in OS X or Windows environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back