Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So thanks to Toleda I have full audio working on my MSI z97 Gaming 9 AC board, including after waking up from sleep, with one nagging issue.

Audio works fine when I boot straight into OS X using Clover. If I decide to reboot and start up Windows, audio works fine with Windows. When I reboot back into OS X the audio is there but it is very low even at max volume. If I restart the problem still exist but audio still works fine in Windows. The only way to get audio back with OS X is to shutdown and flip the switch on the power supply to kill all power to the board. Then when I boot back into OS X audio is fine until I decide to boot Windows.

I am using CodecCommander.kext to fix the no audio after sleep issue if that makes any difference.

Any help/suggestions is greatly appreciated, thanks.

So thanks to Toleda I have full audio working on my MSI z97 Gaming 9 AC board, including after waking up from sleep, with one nagging issue.

Audio works fine when I boot straight into OS X using Clover. If I decide to reboot and start up Windows, audio works fine with Windows. When I reboot back into OS X the audio is there but it is very low even at max volume. If I restart the problem still exist but audio still works fine in Windows. The only way to get audio back with OS X is to shutdown and flip the switch on the power supply to kill all power to the board. Then when I boot back into OS X audio is fine until I decide to boot Windows.

I am using CodecCommander.kext to fix the no audio after sleep issue if that makes any difference.

Any help/suggestions is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Can you try the rear out port for audio when on OSX and select one of the "Line Out" output sources? That would reproduce my problem - although I don't really have a fix yet :(

Can you try the rear out port for audio when on OSX and select one of the "Line Out" output sources? That would reproduce my problem - although I don't really have a fix yet :(

All of my ports work fine. If you have a specific problem (I don't know what it is to test anything for you) you should start a new thread. According to your signature we are not using the same hardware either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back