Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
SPS-MB UMA HM76
CPU
Intel Core i5-3340M @ 2.70GHz
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
So my wireless card arrived today so I decided to get back to the Hackbook project. I have been following the guide to the letter except for one mistake that I made and can't figure out how to fix but I'll cross that bridge if it becomes a problem.

Anyway, I was trying to get my audio working so I went to the "known problems" section of the guide and it says

"To fix:
- reboot without caches (hit space at Clover, select without caches)
- rebuild cache
Code (Text):

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /"

I rebooted, when Clover opened I hit the space bar and there is no option to select "without caches." What did I miss here?

So my wireless card arrived today so I decided to get back to the Hackbook project. I have been following the guide to the letter except for one mistake that I made and can't figure out how to fix but I'll cross that bridge if it becomes a problem.

Anyway, I was trying to get my audio working so I went to the "known problems" section of the guide and it says

"To fix:
- rebuild cache
Code (Text):

I rebooted, when Clover opened I hit the space bar and there is no option to select "without caches." What did I miss here?
you will need to downgrade your version of clover to have "boot with no caches" option as they seemed to have removed it in later versions

"To fix:
- rebuild cache
Code (Text):

Is this for the laptop in your profile?
If so, read Probook guide, post #1, "Known Problems", "Audio".
Read it carefully.

Yes it is and I did read the known problems section. That's where I cut and pasted the text from in my original post. It says to hit the space bar in Clover, which I did and feartech in his post above confirmed, there's no option to boot without caches in the current version of Clover. Is feartech correct then that I must downgrade to a previous version of Clover to get my audio working?

Yes it is and I did read the known problems section. That's where I cut and pasted the text from in my original post. It says to hit the space bar in Clover, which I did and feartech in his post above confirmed, there's no option to boot without caches in the current version of Clover. Is feartech correct then that I must downgrade to a previous version of Clover to get my audio working?
attached is a version of clover that will bring back the boot without caches option

Attachments

• Clover_v2.3k_r3763.pkg.zip
    39.2 MB · Views: 923

Read the entire "Known Problems", "Audio" section. Carefully.

There is an experimental method that patches AppleHDA on disk (pre-patch_hda.sh). It should be used if your kernel cache cannot be made stable.

I had already gone to the linked "experimantal" page and it appears to have nothing to do with fixing the audio. It takes me to page 498 of the page...
[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

This page basically is just a guy looking for help troubleshooting his problem of not being able to get OSX to install on an HP Elitebook 2560p.

I had already gone to the linked "experimantal" page and it appears to have nothing to do with fixing the audio. It takes me to page 498 of the page...
[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

This page basically is just a guy looking for help troubleshooting his problem of not being able to get OSX to install on an HP Elitebook 2560p.

It appears the post got accidentally deleted by one of the site admins (casualty of a now banned user breaking the rules).
I posted the information again and updated the link in post #1.

I cut and pasted the text from your post into terminal and hit enter. It ran its course and then I tried my audio and it still isn't working. I rebooted several times and tried it again. It's still not working.

I cut and pasted the text from your post into terminal and hit enter. It ran its course and then I tried my audio and it still isn't working. I rebooted several times and tried it again. It's still not working.

Read guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back