Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming-5
CPU
Intel i7-6700k
Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon RX560 Gaming OC 2G
Hi! Thanks to this community I have successfully installed Sierra on my first hackintosh. However in my Display Preferences, Scaled, I do not have the option to select 4k Resolution. The maximum resolution is 1080p. 3840x2160 is not an option. I have set my Refresh Rate to 24 Hertz as I am using HDMI 1.4.

When my system boots up it starts in 4k resolution, but during the boot cycles it switches to 1080p. When I boot into windows or Linux I am able to use 4k resolution without any issues.

My system:
Intel 530HD Graphics
Intel Skylake 6700k
Gigabyte G1 Z170N-Gaming-5

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I installed Pixel Clock Patch and it gave me more resolutions options (2560x1440) but still no 4k over HDMI. Additionally the system is a bit less stable now; when I change resolutions sometimes the screen will just black out and stay that way. The blackout might be due to my Intel HD 530 as the system does not recover after my monitor is turned off or goes to sleep. Additionally I cannot change the refresh rate as it is greyed out.

View media item 189327
I use a Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming-5 which has an HDMI 1.4 and supports 4096x2160 only at 24 Hz. My guess is that since I cannot change the Hz to anything less than 60 through the UI the 4k option doesn't show up.

I'm not really sure what to try next to get 4k. I'm also not sure how to roll back the changes from from Pixel Clock Patch if it's better to start from scratch.

I'm using Sierra 10.12.5. Took me a while to get back to this thread since my system was out of order for a while after the 10.12.5 update.

Last edited:
I am facing the same problem too.
UHD 630, Z370 Gaming 5. BIOS CMS off. Mojave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back