Asus ROG Strix Z490-G Gaming (WiFi)
CPU
i7-10700k
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,
I'm trying to repair a hard drive in Recovery because it won't repair in my normal Hackintosh boot and Disk Manager suggests I try to repair in Recovery.
When I boot to Recovery HD and get to the Welcome screen, my mouse and keyboard are dead on arrival.
Do I need a kext for this?

How are the keyboard and mouse connected to your system wired USB, Bluetooth or wireless dongle?

If Bluetooth, are you using a natively supported Bluetooth, i.e. with a Broadcom chipset or an Intel BT chip?

Do you have your USB ports configured to work with macOS, i.e. with a USBPorts.kext, USBMap.kext or an SSDT-UIAC.aml?

Wired USB keyboard and mouse should be the least problematic, if your SSDT-UIAC.aml is working correctly.

I assume you have tried moving them to other ports, i.e. if they are plugged in to a pair of USB3 port change them to a pair of USB2 ports and visa versa.

I have no other ideas as to why they don't work when you enter Recovery mode.

Wired USB keyboard and mouse should be the least problematic, if your SSDT-UIAC.aml is working correctly.

I assume you have tried moving them to other ports, i.e. if they are plugged in to a pair of USB3 port change them to a pair of USB2 ports and visa versa.

I have no other ideas as to why they don't work when you enter Recovery mode.
I think the problem is more „heavier“ than I first thought. Seems that my internal M.2 is giving up. Can`t boot anymore and when I boot from a backup disk, my „main“ boot drive pops up for a second or two and then disappears. So I assume, I have bigger problems now... :banghead:

On top of that, the Samsung M.2 AHCI isn´t available anymore..... AND my freshly created Unibeast Mojave USB stick didn`t boot (after a loading-while I`ll get the white crossed circle sign). So you see, when the sh** hits the fan..... :thumbdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back