Contribute
Register

No more then 7MB VRAM on UHD630, help me to framebuffer config..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
i have tried with no success several configuration, but i'm not able to see something from integrated HDMI port with acceleration of UHD 630.

My configuration:

MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING (BIOS 1302, last one)
CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k
RAM: 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 Mhz C15

No dedicated GPU for now, but i buy an ASUS ROG RX570 4 GB that arrives in a week. I would like to have both working in my hackintosh..

Bios : Primary display -> CPU Graphics
iGPU Multimonitor -> Disabled
DVMT Pre-allocated -> 128M

ACPI Patch for RTC needed to boot with this BIOS.

Boot with imac 18,1 , Fake ID 0x12345678, platform-id 0x3E9B007, i see desktop but have graphics glitch; graphics chip is UHD630 7 MB in "About this Mac"

Boot with imac 19,1 , Fake ID 0x3E98003, platform-id 0x3E98003, i see desktop but have graphics glitch, and graphics chip not displayed in "About this Mac"

Boot with imac 8,1 , Fake ID 0x3e988086, platform-id 0x3e9b007, no apple logo on boot, i see prohibited symbol.

Boot with imac 19,1 , Fake ID 0x3e988086, platform-id 0x3e9b007, see half loading on apple boot then i have no signal on HDMI.

Windows say me VEN_8086&DEV_3E98 of Intel UHD Graphics.

Attached my EFI.

I'm waiting for your tips, thanks in advance!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    36.1 MB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Hi, i have tried with no success several configuration, but i'm not able to see something from integrated HDMI port with acceleration of UHD 630.

@raider82,

Should be no need to use a FakeID with latest Lilu + WhatEverGreen .. see this guide for more info :-

Recommend using iMac19,1 SMBIOS with 9th Gen CFK CPU.

Cheers
Jay

Hi,
i have tried with no success several configuration, but i'm not able to see something from integrated HDMI port with acceleration of UHD 630.

My configuration:

MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING (BIOS 1302, last one)
CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k
RAM: 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 Mhz C15

No dedicated GPU for now, but i buy an ASUS ROG RX570 4 GB that arrives in a week. I would like to have both working in my hackintosh..

Bios : Primary display -> CPU Graphics
iGPU Multimonitor -> Disabled
DVMT Pre-allocated -> 128M

ACPI Patch for RTC needed to boot with this BIOS.

Boot with imac 18,1 , Fake ID 0x12345678, platform-id 0x3E9B007, i see desktop but have graphics glitch; graphics chip is UHD630 7 MB in "About this Mac"

Boot with imac 19,1 , Fake ID 0x3E98003, platform-id 0x3E98003, i see desktop but have graphics glitch, and graphics chip not displayed in "About this Mac"

Boot with imac 8,1 , Fake ID 0x3e988086, platform-id 0x3e9b007, no apple logo on boot, i see prohibited symbol.

Boot with imac 19,1 , Fake ID 0x3e988086, platform-id 0x3e9b007, see half loading on apple boot then i have no signal on HDMI.

Windows say me VEN_8086&DEV_3E98 of Intel UHD Graphics.

Attached my EFI.

I'm waiting for your tips, thanks in advance!

Sorry to interrupt.

Try iMac 18,1 with Fake ID 0x3e928086, platform-id 0x3e9b007 +Lilu and WEG
Or mac mini 8,1 with Fake ID 0x3e928086, platform-id 0x3e9b007 + Lilu and WEG

There is no point of using Fake ID 0x3e988086 because that your IGPU real id.

ok,
try deleting fake cpu id and platform id, set SMBIOS to iMac19,1, lastest Lilu + WhatEverGreen in EFI/Clover/Kext/Other, but on boot i see apple logo and at half loading no video output :(

now tryed imac 18,1 and macmini8,1 with Fake ID 0x3e928086, platform-id 0x3e9b007 + Lilu and WEG... no video output after half loading on apple logo.

I think have to edit framebuffer to switch HDMI port but i don't know how..

I think have to edit framebuffer to switch HDMI port but i don't know how..

@raider82,

IGPU Framebuffer patching is covered in great detail in this guide ...

It tells you everything you need to know to fix your issue.

Cheers
Jay

thanks for your reply, i read that guide but is too difficult for me..

i stop at this point:

Your computer must be booted up with proper graphics Device ID and Platform ID values. These can be specified easily in Clover.
Spoiler: Option 1: Enter the values in Clover Configurator (recommended for most people)

• Devices --> Fake ID --> IntelGFX --> Enter appropriate Device ID (e.g. 0x3E9B8086).
  • Graphics --> Inject Intel --> Check this ON.
  • Graphics --> ig-platform-id --> Click pop-up menu and choose appropriate ID (e.g. 0x3E9B0007).
But my computer display no video if i boot with any of this fake cpu id or platform-id, and i'm trying to find a combination of value to boot with proper graphic device id and continue to follow the guide.

thanks for your reply, i read that guide but is too difficult for me..

i stop at this point:

Your computer must be booted up with proper graphics Device ID and Platform ID values. These can be specified easily in Clover.
Spoiler: Option 1: Enter the values in Clover Configurator (recommended for most people)

• Devices --> Fake ID --> IntelGFX --> Enter appropriate Device ID (e.g. 0x3E9B8086).
  • Graphics --> Inject Intel --> Check this ON.
  • Graphics --> ig-platform-id --> Click pop-up menu and choose appropriate ID (e.g. 0x3E9B0007).
But my computer display no video if i boot with any of this fake cpu id or platform-id, and i'm trying to find a combination of value to boot with proper graphic device id and continue to follow the guide.

I injected your IGPU into device properties and fixed power management.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    36.4 MB · Views: 135
I injected your IGPU into device properties and fixed power management.

Thanks for your work, i've tryed your mod EFI but still no video output..

In the meantime, i realized that in your first suggestion I forgot to flag inject intel and ... boom!
I succeeded booted up with proper graphics Device ID and Platform ID values! (both iMac18,1 and MacMini8,1)

Then, following the guide, i could create a framebuffer patch (taken from Patch->System Config->Asus->ASUS TUF Z390M-PRO Gaming).

Now graphic acceleration works great!
Thanks for your supporting!

Now can you explain your fix in power management, so that I can replicate it in my efi?

And, with this configuration can i plug&play DGPU and use both correctly?

Thanks for your work, i've tryed your mod EFI but still no video output..

In the meantime, i realized that in your first suggestion I forgot to flag inject intel and ... boom!
I succeeded booted up with proper graphics Device ID and Platform ID values! (both iMac18,1 and MacMini8,1)

Then, following the guide, i could create a framebuffer patch (taken from Patch->System Config->Asus->ASUS TUF Z390M-PRO Gaming).

Now graphic acceleration works great!
Thanks for your supporting!

Now can you explain your fix in power management, so that I can replicate it in my efi?

And, with this configuration can i plug&play DGPU and use both correctly?

For power management just check plugintype=YES in the ACPI section of the config file.
No, for DGPU plus IGPU you will need iMac 18,3 or iMac 19,1 and other bios settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back