Contribute
Register

No ML 10.8 support for GA-H55 USB3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not using a DSDT.

I think that's the only thing we're doing differently.
My mobo revision is 2.0, and my firmware is F7 (which I updated from F6).

Try using the DSDT for your firmware:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/11-dsdt-database.html

I had all kinds of problems back in the Snow Leopard days with USB, ethernet, audio. Once I switched to the DSDT, almost everything worked on the first shot, and a few more fixes got everything working. I even have the Firewire and eSATA working on the back panel.

Sonorelli,

Please can you tell me the install method that you used (unibeast version etc).
I have been attempting this install (10.8.4) for a few days now on this m/board (f7) using various versions of unibeast and boot arguments-but the installer hangs on the white apple screen. -v shows a hang at IOBluetooth HC Controller. I have also attempted with xmove with the same results.

Need the update for Logic Pro X.

Unibeast for Lion works with no issues in safe mode.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sonorelli,

Please can you tell me the install method that you used (unibeast version etc).
I have been attempting this install (10.8.4) for a few days now on this m/board (f7) using various versions of unibeast and boot arguments-but the installer hangs on the white apple screen. -v shows a hang at IOBluetooth HC Controller. I have also attempted with xmove with the same results.

Need the update for Logic Pro X.

Unibeast for Lion works with no issues in safe mode.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Unfortunately, I don't know the exact version of UniBeast I used. It was back in February 2013 and I installed OSX 10.8.2 using the exact method described here on TonyMac with DSDT. I had a working Snow Leopard system drive 10.6.8. I tried using Migration Assistant (or whatever they call it now) to move to a new system drive and that failed. So I used the UniBeast with DSDT on top of that to install 10.8.2 and it worked with a few problems. Audio, Apple ID, USB 3 and Trim Enabler all needed tweaking, but its all working now.

I suggest using the latest Unibeast 2.0.2 with OSX 10.8.4 on a USB stick with DSDT and before restarting, use MultiBeast 5.4.3 to fix the Audio and USB 3. It should boot up, but you'll probably have the Apple ID problem that everyone else is having. I've posted solutions for that here.

So another week has gone by and honestly, I've been having nothing but problems with the Mountain Lion install.
My Lion (10.7.5) boot HD works perfectly. EVERYTHING on the MB works including USB3 (I managed to update the firmware).

Since updating my 2nd boot HD to ML all I've had is trouble.
No onboard audio which is not a big deal but it was working with Lion. So now I have to have Pro Tools running to hear any Internet audio because the onboard audio inputs and outputs don't even show up in the audio midi set up.

Everything takes forever to load. The hack boots in 2 seconds then just hangs while it loads the the menu bar.
It takes 10 minutes or longer before the SBBOD goes away.

System preferences.... SBBOD constantly! Every single mouse click just hangs forever.
That's what I'm trying to figure out now. Watching the Console while the machine hangs is an endless stream of audio and graphics errors. Over 4000 errors in a minute.

Just using my Lion HD until someone writes the next version of MultiBeast that has all the fixes needed.

Glad to hear some of you have your system running.
Every day spent trying to work out these bugs is another day my studio is down.
It's just not worth it.
Between getting Avid updates to work and this OSX update I've lost weeks of working time.

Sorry to hear that. I had problems with audio at first, but with 10.8.2, I used MultiBeast with DSDT (before Restart after first install) and that failed. But MultiBeast without DSDT did the trick.
When I updated from 10.8.3 to 10.8.4, I used the Combo updater, and ran MultiBeast *after* Restart, with DSDT and it restored the audio. I obviously don't know what I'm doing, but I get lucky after a few tries.

I'm attaching a list of my kexts, HTH.

Attachments

• Extensions2.tiff
    338.6 KB · Views: 191
  • Extensions1.tiff
    341.9 KB · Views: 167
Sorry to hear that. I had problems with audio at first, but with 10.8.2, I used MultiBeast with DSDT (before Restart after first install) and that failed. But MultiBeast without DSDT did the trick.
When I updated from 10.8.3 to 10.8.4, I used the Combo updater, and ran MultiBeast *after* Restart, with DSDT and it restored the audio. I obviously don't know what I'm doing, but I get lucky after a few tries.

I'm attaching a list of my kexts, HTH.

Yes, I've read that running MultiBeast and choosing NO DSDT with the audio options would restore onboard audio.

After several attempts aI've decided to wipe the ML HD and install Lion on it. I had installed ML on an SSD hoping for a faster boot drive and indeed it was fast.
Booting the OSX in 2 seconds. I moved to ML so I could run PT11 Native but I have found out that although "not supported" by Avid, PT11 runs fine with OSX 10.7.5 so I'm sticking with that.

Thanks everyone for all your help.

If you are still having problems with Audio you may want to try the following suggestions:

When installing the audio kexts from MB on the H55 or P55 chipsets with ML, I found that an earlier version of MB (either 4.6.1 or 5.0.2 - Audio kexts only) worked. I don't know why, but that worked.

Failing that, you can always use an external USB soundcard/dongle solution which works flawlessly and independently of the on-board sound kexts.
(I think the Turtle Beach USB sound adapter is about $20.00-$30.00)
(Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829118008; Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Advantage-Headset-Adapter/dp/B0036VO4XO)

On my main EX-58 system, I have installed the appropiate kexts for on-board audio for completeness sake, but I actually use a Bose Companion 5 sound syatem which is only connected via USB.

Hope this helps.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back