RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I'm going to say OFFICiALLY that the GA-H55 USB3 MB does not support ML 10.8.

I've spent close to 200 hours working on it and it's a NO GO.

Those of you out there that have a nice solid 10.7 build stay with it.
Do NOT upgrade.

I replied with a link to various topics regarding Mountain Lion and your motherboard. You need to go through them until you see how it's done.

I replied with a link to various topics regarding Mountain Lion and your motherboard. You need to go through them until you see how it's done.

DUDE... Every link details PROBLEMS with this MB or talks about the H55N or H55M which do not concern me.
I just replied to Pecck who SEEMS to have a stable build other than LAN and I'll wait corgis reply.

This MB rocks with 10.7.5 and my PT 10HD3 rig.
I was hoping to use 10.8.4 with PT 11 but I cannot get past the NO USB mouse at the language screen.

Are you using this MB? Can you help me?
If not then keep your comments to yourself. I'm frustrated enough.

GA-H55 USB 3 does indeed work with mountain lion (as done any other 1156 chipset Gigabyte board)

AFTER install but BEFORE 1st reboot, you need to replace the following kexts with the kexts from 10.7.x

IOUSBFamily .kext
IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext
AppleUSBAudio.kext (if you are using an external USB sound card or sound system such as Bose Companion 5)

Search for said downloads; they are certainly available.

Good luck.

GA-H55 USB 3 does indeed work with mountain lion (as done any other 1156 chipset Gigabyte board)

AFTER install but BEFORE 1st reboot, you need to replace the following kexts with the kexts from 10.7.x

IOUSBFamily .kext
IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext
AppleUSBAudio.kext (if you are using an external USB sound card or sound system such as Bose Companion 5)

Search for said downloads; they are certainly available.

Good luck.

Thanks for this info Turnipio. I've installed ML at least 10 times only to get the same results.
No USB control. Let me know if I have this correct.
After I install Multibeast BUT before I reboot and select the ML HD I need to replace those particular kexts (
IOUSBFamily .kext
IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext) with versions from my Lion HD.
Where do these kext reside? In the Extra folder?
I'm using the latest version of UniBeast to build the USB stick.
Choosing legacy for the 1156 chip and 10.8.
I'm also using the latest MultiBeast installer.
I'm not using a DSDT. I do choose some options like trim and SSDT, USB3 and of course audio and LAN.
Is there something that I shouldn't be doing?
One thing I've never really understood about MultiBeast is...
Do I have to repeat options I've already picked when having to reinstall?
i.e. Do I always have to check the audio drivers if they already work?
Does MultiBeast rewrite everything or only the changes you make?
Your answers will help be greatly. I thank you!!

The kexts reside in S/L/E

MB will only overwrite the kexts that you select

If you do a re-install, it cannot hurt to redo your MB options

One thing I've never really understood about MultiBeast is...
Do I have to repeat options I've already picked when having to reinstall?
i.e. Do I always have to check the audio drivers if they already work?
Does MultiBeast rewrite everything or only the changes you make?
Your answers will help be greatly. I thank you!!

Multibeast, I'm almost positive, only makes the current changes or additions, leaving everything else alone. I've run it several times to add things later that I wasn't sure I needed/wanted in the initial run. Can't help with your other questions...good luck.

I have OSX 10.8.4 installed on a GA-H55-USB3 with *everything* working. In fact, I updated from 10.8.3 to 10.8.4 with the combo updater. After that I used MultiBeast 5.4.2 to install the ALC889 with DSDT, and re-enable TRIM with the 10.8.3+ TRIM patch. USB 3.0 still worked from an earlier install of LaCie drivers, which are missing from latest MultiBeast. I hope the new USB 3.0 drivers work, but I'm leaving the old ones alone.

One other bugaboo, Apple ID services (App Store, etc.) didn't work. The fix is to delete Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist and restart. Make sure your Ethernet is labeled (en0).

I'm running Pro Tools TDM HD3 PCI-X version 10.3.6 with a ton of plugins.

HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back