Contribute
Register

No mic and jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have applied IRQ fix correctly, but nothing has changed

EDIT : with layout-id 11, sound finally works, mic too. Jack doesn't work, but I think it may be a problem that can't be solved ? Anyway, that's already great.

Attachments

• FINAL_3.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Most laptops use layout-id 3. So you could try that.

AppleALC is a whole different ball game as far as layout-id... many choices, that essentially choose different patched AppleHDA pathmaps/layout/pinconfigs done by different people.

I think I have applied IRQ fix correctly, but nothing has changed

EDIT : with layout-id 11, sound finally works, mic too. Jack doesn't work, but I think it may be a problem that can't be solved ? Anyway, that's already great.

What do you mean by "Jack doesn't work"?

I have already tried all the layout-ids for my codec, but the only one that worked was the 11. However, I will try them again tomorrow, since trying them can be tricky (for example, layout-id 11 didn't work at the first try. I have had to boot twice, no idea why), I will try again tomorrow.

What do you mean by "Jack doesn't work"?
I mean, when I plug something to the jack output like headphones, nothing happens. It is not recognized, sound keeps coming from the speakers, and I can't switch to the jack output in the devices settings. But I don't know, maybe it has nothing to see with AppleALC/AppleHDA. (The same happens for HDMI, no ouput signal, but I have seen you have a guide for that. So it may be, as for HDMI, something completely different of AppleHDA, I don't know).
I think the jack ouput comes from the Intel HD audio card as well as the speakers, while the HDMI comes from the NVIDIA card, is that correct ?

Hmm. Your laptop seems to use a desktop audio chip. I think ALC8xx are used mostly on desktops. I never got my ALC888S to work by the way. Only with VoodooHDA.

I mean, when I plug something to the jack output like headphones, nothing happens. It is not recognized, sound keeps coming from the speakers, and I can't switch to the jack output in the devices settings. But I don't know, maybe it has nothing to see with AppleALC/AppleHDA.

Probably something is wrong in the XML, or you need to do some work with CodecCommander (and customization).

(The same happens for HDMI, no ouput signal, but I have seen you have a guide for that. So it may be, as for HDMI, something completely different of AppleHDA, I don't know).
I think the jack ouput comes from the Intel HD audio card as well as the speakers, while the HDMI comes from the NVIDIA card, is that correct ?

HDMI is separate from onboard audio.

Thank you for the answers. At the moment, I am not able to edit the XML file as I should because of too few knowledges, so I will try again when I understand how it works better. Thank you again, speakers are working and that is the most important. I will now follow your tutorials about power management and HDMI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back