Contribute
Register

No mic and jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have built and put in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other Lilu and AppleALC. I have applied the patch HDAS to HDEF.

As I have said, I have already tried to read the doc. Here it is : https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/blob/master/Resources/ALC898/Info.plist
I still don't know which layout id to use, it only says who created each patch. None of them gave me sound. AppleHDA loads. With the 13rd, mic works. Two outputs appear (speakers, digital output), but they don't work.

I have built and put in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other Lilu and AppleALC. I have applied the patch HDAS to HDEF.

As I have said, I have already tried to read the doc. Here it is : https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/blob/master/Resources/ALC898/Info.plist
I still don't know which layout id to use, it only says who created each patch. None of them gave me sound. AppleHDA loads. With the 13rd, mic works. Two outputs appear (speakers, digital output), but they don't work.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Files attached

Your codec is Realtek ALC899 (0x10ec0899). Must similar enough to 898 as that is how it is handled in AppleALC.
AppleALC has these layouts for ALC898: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13
Also, different Platforms XML (not sure how those are chosen).
Currently you're using layout-id=13 (can see from ioreg). You could try the others.
All of the data may be wrong for your codec. You should look into your codec dump and compare pathmap data...

You have no patch for "IRQ Fix"... may be needed (see ACPI patching guide).

On Linux, aplay --list-devices returns ALC898. That is why I thought it 898.
I have already tried the other layouts, but no success.
All of the data may be wrong for your codec. You should look into your codec dump and compare pathmap data...
I do not understand what it means. Does it mean every existing patch may not match my codec ? Even if 0x10ec0899 appears to be supported ?

I am trying to apply the IRQ Fix, but I can't figure out which of the DSDT/SSDTx.dsl should be patched. Any tip for that ? Thank you.

On Linux, aplay --list-devices returns ALC898.

Attach codec dump from Linux.
Any AppleHDA patching guide includes instructions for extracting audio codec dump as the first step...

Attached. And about the IRQ fix ?

Attachments

• codec_dump_card0.txt
    15.5 KB · Views: 81
It shows Realtek ALC899 (0x10ec0899).
Yes I've read that too

I have said I have read your guide, completely, carefully, etc. But I am not sure, I wouldn't ask it if I was. Should it be applied on the the DSDT file ? It is implied in the guide, but not said explicitely.

Yes I've read that too

I have said I have read your guide, completely, carefully, etc. But I am not sure, I wouldn't ask it if I was. Should it be applied on the the DSDT file ? It is implied in the guide, but not said explicitely.

"IRQ Fix" like most patches, is for DSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back