Contribute
Register

No mic and jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have been looking for informations on building a hackintosh computer, which I finally did on my MSI GT72VR-6RE (on an external HDD).
I am experiencing some problems though, that I can't solve myself so I would like to ask you some help :

- with the audio : Installing ALC 898 codec with Multibeast didn't work at all. I used AppleHDA Patch to get patched files, it then detected speakers and mic. Mic was working, but the speakers didn't produce any sound. I now use VoodooHDA and get a pretty bad sound (I don't really know how to explain, sound only comes from one place : only from the left (which is terrible), or from behind (which is the speaker I chose, since it is the most correct one)). The mic doesn't work with this, which is the worst part (it generates sort of a white noise).
The jack output doesn't work, too.

-the webcam doesn't work, but it is not the most important part.

I don't know which informations can help you, but here is my config again :

Sierra 10.12.5
i7 6700-HQ
GTX 1070
Intel HD Audio with codec ALC898

Thank you very much

Thanks for your answer. Does CodecCommander work with AppleALC ?

EDIT : when I was having no sound but mic working, I was using AppleHDA patcher (from Mirone) with CodecCommander

Thanks for your answer. Does CodecCommander work with AppleALC ?

I think so, but I don't use AppleALC.
I prefer to use an AppleHDA injector to patch AppleHDA instead... (AppleALC does the same, but a more complex/heavy way).

EDIT : when I was having no sound but mic working, I was using AppleHDA patcher (from Mirone) with CodecCommander

No idea without "Problem Reporting" files that represent that scenario.

I have removed voodooHDA, installed CodecCommander, injected AppleALC and Lilu with Clover, but still, no audio device detected. Kextstat tells me that AppleALC, Lilu and CodecCommander are loaded, but nothing like AppleHDA. Would you suggest me to try an AppleHDA patcher ? In case it is yes, which one in particular ?
As well, I can join any needed file

I have removed voodooHDA, installed CodecCommander, injected AppleALC and Lilu with Clover, but still, no audio device detected. Kextstat tells me that AppleALC, Lilu and CodecCommander are loaded, but nothing like AppleHDA. Would you suggest me to try an AppleHDA patcher ? In case it is yes, which one in particular ?
As well, I can join any needed file

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Here are the requested files

Your AppleALC.kext is not the latest. Current is 1.1.3. Lilu.kext is old too. Current is 1.1.5.
You might want to check that you have a matched set.

HDAS must be renamed to HDEF (see my guide plists).
Are you certain your codec in AppleALC uses layout-id=1?
You might need "IRQ Fix" patch (see my ACPI guide, or see guide plists).
.dSYM files are not kexts and should not be in Clover/kexts.
Make sure vanilla AppleHDA.kext is still in /S/L/E as provided by the macOS installer.

Other problems:
- CPU PM not implemented
- iMac14,2 not the best choice for laptop...

AppleALC's latest version from download section of vit9696's git is 1.1.2 (18 days ago). Does it mean I should compile the code by myself ? Same for Lilu.

I will try to find your guide about HDAS to HDEF

About my layout-id : I have never found how to know which one I should use. I usually try 1, 3, 11, 13 (since it is said in AppleALC's doc that they are supported).

And abouy "IRQ Fix" : should I try to apply it immediately, or only if nothing else works ?

I don't know why I have put dSym files in EFI, it is a total mistake

AppleHDA is the original one, I backed it up at the very first boot (codesign --verify confirms that)

For the other problems :
- How should I implement "CPU PM" ?
- Which would be the best choice ? And is it still possible to change it ? What would it change ? Actually, I have used the default configuration

I am an absolute beginner in Hackintosh, and even if I try to read a lot, it is sometimes pretty difficult to find and link the appropriate informations

Thank you very much

EDIT : and how should I compile the latest versions ? It must be obvious, but I don't know

Last edited:
AppleALC's latest version from download section of vit9696's git is 1.1.2 (18 days ago). Does it mean I should compile the code by myself ? Same for Lilu.

I always build from source.
You will need to decide for yourself whether you want to use pre-built (you will need to read to decide which Lilu.kext is required for the AppleALC.kext you're trying to use)...

I will try to find your guide about HDAS to HDEF

Main Clover laptop guide has plists with common renames.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

You probably should have started there.

About my layout-id : I have never found how to know which one I should use.

Random numbers not a good idea.
Read the AppleALC documentation and Info.plist as it relates to your audio codec.

And abouy "IRQ Fix" : should I try to apply it immediately, or only if nothing else works ?

Some computers need it, some not.
Right now AppleHDA isn't even loading (due to too many things wrong, I suspect).

For the other problems :
- How should I implement "CPU PM" ?
- Which would be the best choice ? And is it still possible to change it ? What would it change ? Actually, I have used the default configuration

Hmm... it is like you didn't even both to read the FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back