RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys. There are so many threads about so many things related to this but there are no clear answers so I'm starting another one, hopeful for some answers to these particular problems. They may serve our fellow Hackmakers as well.

Upgraded from OSX 10.6.8 to 10.7 yesterday. Everything went well. I ran multibeast exactly as instructed in the online primer.
Three things still needed fixing.

ONE...
Display resolution is not correct.
(I discovered the resolution of my 1080p display is PERFECT when booting in safe mode which had to be done after I lost mouse and keyboard control)
I'm using a GeForce 9500GT card. The resolution in SL 10.6.8 was perfect so what's changed?

What .kext do I use to get the "safe mode" resolution when booting regularly?

TWO...
I have no mouse or keyboard control. Well almost no control.
The mouse moves but no clicking options and no keyboard control at all.

So I start to populate all the USB ports on my MB.
I've fill EVERY USB port on my GA-H55-USB3 MB and holy cow they all come up and everything starts working.
OK, so now I remove them one by one, except the Lion USB which I booted with. Everything still seems OK.

Then I open System preferences to see if I can correct the display setting. And it all goes south.
First and foremost I get the beach ball. After that goes away I try to switch my display setting.
For some reason it's set on Refresh Rate 75Hertz. As soon I switch it to 60Hertz NO MORE Anything.

Back to the previous problem. So I start to populate all the USB ports again thinking this may start the ball rolling again but no.

What .kext do I use to get this corrected?

The 3rdParty SATA / 3rdParty eSATA options...
I have the need for both. My MB has an eSata port on the back and I have one on the front of my case.
I'd like to be able to Hot Swap them. Do I check BOTH options?

That's all for now. Time to reboot and see what happens.

Thanks in advance for any help to may have.

BillieJo

OK, so now I've booted into SAFE mode with my Lion UniBeast USB.
The display is Perfect.
All my eSATA connected drives (2) show up as internal.
Non of the USB ports work. I'm assuming the Lion USB has booted as an internal HD.

I'm going to run MultiBeast again and make some changes. What changes?? I just don't know.

BillieJo.

OK, so I've got this Hack somewhat working now. Ran MultiBeast. Changed a few things with regards to the video and eSata .kexts
After reconnecting everything (HDs, extra display) this thing is as slow as a turtle.
Initially there was no mouse or keyboard control again but I noticed that moving from my main display to my 2nd once showed me a beach ball that was not spinning. This is something I've never seen before. Not on any Mac, ever. So I waited and low and behold there was a brief glitch and everything works but slow, slow, slow.
Constant spinning beach ball on whatever I click on. Just hanging forever.
Rebuilt the permissions, restarted and guess what. White screen of death. The mouse pointer moves around on the primary display but not the 2nd.
Time to restart and run MultiBeast yet again.

Anyone else experiencing these or similar problems?

BillieJo.

OK, you're all probably saying... this guy is a nut. And you know what, this is driving me crazy.
Couldn't boot into safe mode from the USB drive or any of my other formatted drives.
I did manage to boot into -F mode. That got me to me desktop but no mouse or keyboard for 20 minutes.
Then all of a sudden the display changes resolution and I'm in.
Launched MultiBeast again. Made more changes... Don't ask me. I've done this at least 20 times now and I've got so many notes I'm not sure of anything.
Restarted and my desktop came up but no mouse or keyboard so I thought just wait and like magic after 15 minutes the resolution changed and I have control of this Hack but not my senses.

WHAT IS GOING ON? IS LION (10.7.4) A DOG?
Safari won't launch.
Firefox launches. Spinning beachball...
Chrome launches. Spinning beachball...
iTunes launches. Spinning beachball...

Beachball, beachball, beachball... No matter what app I open I get THE BEACHBALL!!

I'm afraid to launch ProTools. The whole point of upgrading to Lion was to use ProTools 10. I'm erasing this HD and going back to Snow Leopard. F**k this.

OK. For all of you that may be experiencing this problem after a week I've figured it out. I have to thank Patron Silver for helping me not throw this Hack out the window. It has a calming effect when drunk straight out of the bottle.

I went backwards in time and used UniBeast 1.3.0 to create my USB Lion Installer. I used the full Lion 10.7.4 update from the Apple website NOT 10.7.0 or 10.7.3.
They were all problematic. AND most importantly I used MultiBeast 4.0.3 to install Chimera. Every other version of MultiBeast (and I tried them ALL) crashed my system,
There's something about the darkwake and the new version of Chimera that my MB did not like. Constant Kernel Panics....

I still had no internet (via Ethernet) so I went to the RealTek site and downloaded the latest driver.
RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_90.pkg
You'll have to open Network Preferences, it will say "found new device" click on new device and then it will connect to your network.

So far everything is working as it should. Both my 10.6.8 and 10.7.4 partitions are functioning nicely. PT9HD is working on both.

Good luck.
BillieJo.

OK. For all of you that may be experiencing this problem after a week I've figured it out. I have to thank Patron Silver for helping me not throw this Hack out the window. It has a calming effect when drunk straight out of the bottle.

I went backwards in time and used UniBeast 1.3.0 to create my USB Lion Installer. I used the full Lion 10.7.4 update from the Apple website NOT 10.7.0 or 10.7.3.
They were all problematic. AND most importantly I used MultiBeast 4.0.3 to install Chimera. Every other version of MultiBeast (and I tried them ALL) crashed my system,
There's something about the darkwake and the new version of Chimera that my MB did not like. Constant Kernel Panics....

I still had no internet (via Ethernet) so I went to the RealTek site and downloaded the latest driver.
RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_90.pkg
You'll have to open Network Preferences, it will say "found new device" click on new device and then it will connect to your network.

So far everything is working as it should. Both my 10.6.8 and 10.7.4 partitions are functioning nicely. PT9HD is working on both.

Good luck.
BillieJo.
BillieJo

As to the issues w USB mouse / keyboard - check the BIOS for a setting about Legacy USB - check to see if this is enabled if not make it so - this may help.....

Hej

About USB problem, delete AppleHpet.kext from S/L/E and restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back