gtx 550
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Ok this is the problem im having, if i boot from my usb into the unibeast i get no mouse and keyboard support, i successfully got around the initial instal by using my existing lion partition to install it but the problem arises when i need to boot from the hardrive it just hangs is there anyway around this ive updated chimera to 1.11 sill hung at boot so is there any fixes for this btw my mobo is a p55 LF 120 e650 with Core i5 660

Many of us with 55 motherboards seem to be having this problem. I even had the same problem trying to Unibeast Lion using 1.5 and 1.5.1.

The ONLY way I was able to get back to lion was use Unibeast 1.4! (which isn't ML compatible so I'm just waiting here)

Ok here's what I did first I comeplely restored my pen drive then I reinstalled unibeast onto it I checkEd the USB legacy option then when it finished I downloaded show all files and downloaded my dsdt from lion renamed it dsdt.aml and put it in the extra folder on the unibeast drive and huzzah it booted up with USB just having to use pcirootuid=0 idk why I have gtx 550ti but it's installing now will update

Sorry for the typos typing this on my iPhone tonymac should really make a mobile site

Update: i got lion running successfully except for my wifi and sound which worked while installing but then stopped

Many of us with 55 motherboards seem to be having this problem. I even had the same problem trying to Unibeast Lion using 1.5 and 1.5.1.

The ONLY way I was able to get back to lion was use Unibeast 1.4! (which isn't ML compatible so I'm just waiting here)

Add one more Hackintosh with no USB Mouse/Keyboard support when booting from UniBeast 1.5.0 and 1.5.1 Installer. (Wont work on Thumbdrive or HardDrive)
ML paid for and downloaded from App Store:
Gigabyte P55-USB3, Rev. 2.0, F9 Bios
8GB GSkill DDR3
EVGA GeForce 560ti (Works OOB with Lion 10.7)
Lion 10.7 works perfectly on the above. I want to do a fresh (clean) install of ML (10.8) on a separate Hard Drive.
I physically disconnected the existing Lion hard drive after copying ML onto 8GB USB Drive using UniBeast.
USB Drive boots up fine, but ML Installer stops when language menu is shown. Mouse and keyboard okay before Installer Boots up.
I will patiently wait for tonymacx86 fix.

Add one more Hackintosh with no USB Mouse/Keyboard support when booting from UniBeast 1.5.0 and 1.5.1 Installer. (Wont work on Thumbdrive or HardDrive)
ML paid for and downloaded from App Store:
Gigabyte P55-USB3, Rev. 2.0, F9 Bios
8GB GSkill DDR3
EVGA GeForce 560ti (Works OOB with Lion 10.7)
Lion 10.7 works perfectly on the above. I want to do a fresh (clean) install of ML (10.8) on a separate Hard Drive.
I physically disconnected the existing Lion hard drive after copying ML onto 8GB USB Drive using UniBeast.
USB Drive boots up fine, but ML Installer stops when language menu is shown. Mouse and keyboard okay before Installer Boots up.
I will patiently wait for tonymacx86 fix.

Someone suggested I try Lion BootDisk CD along with ML USB Installer ThumbDrive. I did and it still wont work after trying various boot switches.
USB Keyboard shows NumLock light from initial bootup until the grey apple logo appears on the USB ML Installer. So, still no USB support for ML Thumb Drive Installer using UniBeast 1.5.0 and 1.5.1. Hopefully UniBeast update will fix the problem.
(Lion Thumb Drive Installer enables USB and installs perfectly on same Hackintosh.)

Someone suggested I try Lion BootDisk CD along with ML USB Installer ThumbDrive. I did and it still wont work after trying various boot switches.
USB Keyboard shows NumLock light from initial bootup until the grey apple logo appears on the USB ML Installer. So, still no USB support for ML Thumb Drive Installer using UniBeast 1.5.0 and 1.5.1. Hopefully UniBeast update will fix the problem.
(Lion Thumb Drive Installer enables USB and installs perfectly on same Hackintosh.)

What Lion boot disk CD?

No USB Mouse_Keyboard on Installer Problem Solved!!!

UniBeast 1.5.2 did the trick!

Thank you tonymacx and macman

Did you tick anything specific? I tried 1.5.3 unibeast and has the same problem, should I try 1.5.2?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back