nividia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

New to forum, hope this is correct place for this question. My Hackintosh build is new, and runs super! I installed Parallels 8 and then pointed Parallels to my previously installed Windows 8 Pro. Everything worked, except that when inside windows 8 there is no network connection or audio to be found anywhere. Any ideas?

Motherboard : GA-Z77X-UD5H TH
CPU :
3.5 GHz Intel Core i7Graphic Card : Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MBRam : 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Software OS X 10.8.2 (12C60)

Hello,

New to forum, hope this is correct place for this question. My Hackintosh build is new, and runs super! I installed Parallels 8 and then pointed Parallels to my previously installed Windows 8 Pro. Everything worked, except that when inside windows 8 there is no network connection or audio to be found anywhere. Any ideas?

Motherboard : GA-Z77X-UD5H TH
CPU :
3.5 GHz Intel Core i7Graphic Card : Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MBRam : 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Software OS X 10.8.2 (12C60)

Your previously installed Windows 8 was talking directly to the real hardware, so it was using the Ethernet and audio hardware on the motherboard. Now that you're running Windows 8 on virtualized hardware (under Parallels), it doesn't have access to the ethernet and audio on the motherboard - what it "sees" is whatever virtual hardware Parallels presents to it, probably some sort of Intel ethernet adapter and Soundblaster audio (I don't know what Parallels emulates, because I use VMware instead).

What I don't understand is why Windows didn't detect the "new hardware" and reconfigure itself. Apparently you'll have to do that manually.

Hello there,

Been away for a while just saw your post. Makes total sense - I'll let you know what I find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back