Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Prior to installing the 10.6.4 update and MultiBeast, I had internet access.

Post installation, having followed the write-up, and removing iBoot I could no longer get on the internet. Under networking, IP info and DNS are good. To the right I have two green dots, failed on the third which is ISP.

What did I do wrong? Any ideas on how to fix it.

The network card is an LOM and is the nVidia nForce 10/100/1000.

Thanks for your support in advance.

Alright after further checking I have come to find out that the LOM is a Realtek RTL8201C 10/100.

With a whole lot of research, I think I need to install a kext (forcedeth).

Any ideas or advice.

Thanks in advance.

Update to what I have found out to see if anyone can share their thoughts or ideas with me.

I have done multiple reinstallations:

Install 5: Snow Leopard install via iboot stopping short of Step 3. update to 10.6.4 and not installing Multibeast, my network card works and can get out to the internet. Once I install Multibeast (easybeast and system utilities) and reboot network stops working.

Install 6: Same as above except I did the 10.6.4. update, and again network card works and can get out to the internet, but once I install Multibeast, networking breaks.

I guess the best solution for me will be to use the iBoot CD everytime and not install Multibeast.

What are your thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

When you install Multibeast, do you select an optional Ethernet kext
(In Advanced>Kexts>Ethernet..)?

It would seem that iBoot, which includes a ton of kexts, has one that makes your Ethernet work. So, chances are that one of these optional ones will work for you, just needs to be installed.

humph, thanks for the reply.

I have now installed Multibeast with the additional kext for networking (realtek R1000SL).

Before it completes it comes back with an error message that the realtek R1000SL was installed improperly, once in the S/L/E and again a second message somewhere in "contents/Plugins".

When I reboot, I have internet for all of almost 1-3 mins then stops working with ISP failed and no more networking. I have to reboot to get internet for another 1-3 mins.

I have run Multibeast, two more times and I am at the same error message.

Thanks in advance for all and any help.

whiteknitegtp said:
humph, thanks for the reply.

I have now installed Multibeast with the additional kext for networking (realtek R1000SL).

Before it completes it comes back with an error message that the realtek R1000SL was installed improperly, once in the S/L/E and again a second message somewhere in "contents/Plugins".

When I reboot, I have internet for all of almost 1-3 mins then stops working with ISP failed and no more networking. I have to reboot to get internet for another 1-3 mins.

I have run Multibeast, two more times and I am at the same error message.

Thanks in advance for all and any help.
Are you using MultiBeast 2.0.5? This was a bug in 2.0.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back