Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi.
First off, i'm quite new to the Hackintosh Stuff. I already made one work half a year ago with Snow Leopard, it was quite easy following the Guides.
Today i thought i shuld try to get it to work on my Home Desktop.
The Build is:
i5-2500k
Gigabyte P67A-UD3
Radeon HD 6950 (apparently those work now, i found some guides at least).
8 G G-Skill Ram (took one RAM Stick out to make it 4GB).

So today, i downloaded the Lion Install App on my Macbook, made the bootable USB Drive with Unibeast, and wanted to install it on my Desktop.
Unibeast starts fine, but everytime i boot, i get an Error Screen. I am not terribly skilled with these, but as far as i can tell, the Problem is something called "AppleUSBCDC".
I tried a lot of extensions (-v,-x, Graphicsenabler=no), but nothing seems to work, i never get to the installation screen.

Does this have anything to do with the new Update for Lion? I guess i got the newest Installer today, so it must be on it...

Any Help is much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Seems it does not work with 10.7.3...see other posts

psteimann said:
Seems it does not work with 10.7.3...see other posts

I have the same issues, what is the right tread?

I am certainly a noob but I had this same problem and finally successfully installed Lion. However, I was unable to do it with Unibeast. I created the Installer partition using xMove and needed to use rBoot instead of iBoot. And for my system I needed to boot with PCIRootUID=0 and used the -v flag to see what was going on. I haven't optimized my system yet, but am proud to have Lion FINALLY running (10.7.3 straight from the App Store) :D :thumbup:

any advice to help me get into Lion with a HD 6950 "Unsupported Card!" after Unibeast install of Lion?

Trying PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No -v
-That time it seemed to boot Lion.. partially? Grey screen with mouse cursor arrow.. could navigate with mouse, but screen was blank and grey
-Tried switching to a different display port on my 6950, was black when I came back to 1st DVI

tried iboot and it crashes out to a restart

Tried PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No -v -s

DSCN1887.jpg

All seams to me root cause is my HD 6950 not being supported.. can't seem to get around it to get unibeast to boot into my newly installed Lion for the first time.. Any ideas besides different card? Or is that the only way known.. ?

Thanks all Tonymacx86

I had the same problem just before and entered the boot flag "USBBusFix=yes" and that worked for me.

Artaz said:
Hi.
First off, i'm quite new to the Hackintosh Stuff. I already made one work half a year ago with Snow Leopard, it was quite easy following the Guides.
Today i thought i shuld try to get it to work on my Home Desktop.
The Build is:
i5-2500k
Gigabyte P67A-UD3
Radeon HD 6950 (apparently those work now, i found some guides at least).
8 G G-Skill Ram (took one RAM Stick out to make it 4GB).

So today, i downloaded the Lion Install App on my Macbook, made the bootable USB Drive with Unibeast, and wanted to install it on my Desktop.
Unibeast starts fine, but everytime i boot, i get an Error Screen. I am not terribly skilled with these, but as far as i can tell, the Problem is something called "AppleUSBCDC".
I tried a lot of extensions (-v,-x, Graphicsenabler=no), but nothing seems to work, i never get to the installation screen.

Does this have anything to do with the new Update for Lion? I guess i got the newest Installer today, so it must be on it...

Any Help is much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Tried it.. looked like it failed on the same section, but began to proceed.. then froze on an all white screen..

Thanks though

Did you try usbbusfix=yes & graphisenabler=no at the same time? Maybe that can get you through it.

Also, I'm not sure it means anything that it says on your screen shot that device is mounted read-only, I don't know if the installer needs write perms but I'm not sure, I can't remember what mine looked like, maybe someone else can chime in on that?

Another thing I had to do, was in my BIOS, to enable USB Legacy.

I'm not sure what the culmination of all this stuff means, just giving you some of the stuff I did when I had a similar problem, hope it works out!

berad82 said:
Tried it.. looked like it failed on the same section, but began to proceed.. then froze on an all white screen..

Thanks though

I tried using a MSI 210 and had a near same result. Was stuck on all white screen with apple. Next I will try booting with your recommend. Next after that since I have a "native" card will try xMove method. Will keep posted with result. Thank you

WOW - so, I tried USBBusFix=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No and with the MSI 210 it succeeded to load my installed Lion 10.7! Thanks!

Bummer is that after that I ran MB just as shown in Unibeast guide and for some reason now it will not load Lion once again. Now a black screen and -v doesn't hang long enough to see/screen shot an issue. .Bahh! Tried the USBBusFix=Yes GraphicsEnabler=Yes (and No) no successes..

Followed the Multibeast settings in this GUIDEafter I loaded using Unibeast "GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes PCIRootUID=0" and then could boot up fine with max res. Now struggling to set up a dual boot install with Win7 and Lion on my SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back