Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have spent more than 4 hours trying to built hackintosh on my PC computer and it seems I can't find a way to get rid of the following problem.

I have a --i7 /Nvidia/ GigaByte mainboard/3 Gb ram/ 2hard disks -- desktop pc and I want to boot my second HDisk with Mac, leaving the primary unchanged.
But while it seems I fill the criteria needed for doing the Hackintosh, everything goes great until I initialize the Mac os installer ( chimera from a USB flash) and I am asked to choose the disk to Install the MacOs.THERE IS NO OPTION IN THE BOX...IT IS EMPTY...HDisk LIKE IT DOESN'T EXIST.

What have I done so far:
1. Unplugged my primary HD for safety
2.made the Bios changes needed except setting to default options (I believe it is not needed)
3.SOS -- realized that the prob has something to do with the fact that windows are keeping a copy of the Recycle bin in the secondary HD, while not needed to.In that direction, tried everything to delete all system files from secondary disk (failed to do)/tried from cmd(failed to do)/and then unplugged the secondary ,plugged the primary and realized that the existence of that damn system file (recycle bin copy) is not important at all.

I can say many things that I have tried but ti will get boring.The main thing is : no option for a disk to install Mac os (p.s. tried the primary and it is recognized)

Also have to say that every two restarts I face a checksum error which says that it sets to defaults ????

Finally....Super sorry for the long post.
Thanks in advance.

Went trough the same problem, USB could not see any HD.
Can't be sure why that happened but I managed to make it work.

I think (again, might not be) it's because I was trying to use an earlier version of Lion (10.7 as oposed to 10.7.4) or possibly cause I got an Ivy bridge. I went trough loads of problems and kernel panics before trying what's next.

The only way I could get it to see the HD was to use bridge 4.0.1 with uni 1.4.
After that I managed to format it, install OSX and W7. Install went ok, applied the 10.7.4 update and them multibeast + bridge 5. No problems there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back