Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,
I'm trying to set up a dual boot on my HP Spectre Touchsmart XT with Mountain Lion using unibeast. I was able to get to installation but none of my hard drives are showing up (only my usb). My dive controller is RAID, is this why? Are there any alternatives as I am not able to change this setting in my bios.

Hey guys,
I'm trying to set up a dual boot on my HP Spectre Touchsmart XT with Mountain Lion using unibeast. I was able to get to installation but none of my hard drives are showing up (only my usb). My dive controller is RAID, is this why? Are there any alternatives as I am not able to change this setting in my bios.

You have to set SATA storage to AHCI or something other than RAID or IDE. Otherwise, your drives won't show up in the installer.

Hi,

there's a Kext named "IOATAFamily.kext" which was intended for Lion but (according to various reports) also works for ML. Put it to your /Extra/Extensions directory on the Installer (don't forget the permissions; chmod -R 755 /Extra/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext; chown -R root:staff /Extra/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext) and boot with it. Make sure to copy the Kext to your OS X Volumes /S/L/E and touch the directory before rebooting.

View attachment IOATAFamily.tar.gz

Good luck.

egrath

Thanks for the quick replies guys. @egrath, when you say permissions, are these tags that I should add when booting from unibeast?

Hello,

no, Filesystem permissions. Kext's need a special set of permissions set to be loadable. When you copy the Kext to the Installer, you have to set the permissions from within the terminal with the commands from my previous post.

egrath

Hey,
Sorry for the late reply and thank you for all the support. Unfortunately this method did not work for me, I set downloaded the kext, set the permissions and moved it into the Extensions folder but my drive still did not show up. Is there anything I'm missing? Can you link me the sources that say this method worked so maybe I can figure it out?
Thanks,
Mike

Hi,

there's a Kext named "IOATAFamily.kext" which was intended for Lion but (according to various reports) also works for ML. Put it to your /Extra/Extensions directory on the Installer (don't forget the permissions; chmod -R 755 /Extra/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext; chown -R root:staff /Extra/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext) and boot with it. Make sure to copy the Kext to your OS X Volumes /S/L/E and touch the directory before rebooting.

View attachment 66355

Good luck.

egrath

I can't find the extra/extensions folder in my installer. I clicked on shop package contents and did not see the folder anywhere.

Do I need to do this before running unibeast and bridgehelper?

Did you set SATA storage to AHCI yet?

I've talked to hp support about this and it looks like there is no way for me to do it if there is no setting in my bios.

I've talked to hp support about this and it looks like there is no way for me to do it if there is no setting in my bios.

What are your PCI device-ids? Use 'lspci -nn' on Linux Terminal to find out. If this computer is similar to some other HP laptops, I may have a solution for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back