Contribute
Register

No GUID is available. Contact Support for assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you add the interfaces as eth0 and eth1?

Try this:

open NetworkInterfaces.plist from /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist and see if the value of this key <key>IOBuiltin</key> is true or false. If is false change it to true.

It must look something like this:

<key>IOBuiltin</key>
<true/>

Make this change only for Network card.

I have also this changes in my com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Hope this will help you.

I t0o had my 10.6.8 on non GUID formatted partition which was on my MBR and it gave me the GUID error. My steps to resolve the GUID was the second hard drive (my backup)
a) Get another drive and create 2 partitions with GUID format and OSX Extended Journal.
b) Clone my Snow Leopard 10.6.8 to the new drive using Superduper and create second partition = installer.
d) Boot with new drive...(should be working as normal) and perform Xmove as guided by Tony.

10.7 Lion is working on the new drive and my old MBR drive is still housing my 10.6.8....Once Lion is confirmed stable...then that MBR drive will be formatted as GUID to be used as backup Lion...via SuperDuper cloning.

I have had the same problem with not being to log into App Store even though I have an active Apple ID. Here's how I fixed it:

1) Ran EFIstudio and extracted my ethernet device's EFI string.

2) Saved resulting XML file to a text-only file, and then clicked "write to com.apple.Boot.plist". Take note that this is the com.apple.Boot.plist that is in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration, not the one in /Extra/. Put aside the ethernet XML file for later.

3) Since I use an EFI string to run my 9600 GT as well, I also extracted the EFI string into another XML file by using OSX86Tools.

3) Spliced both XML files, then imported the resulting file into OSX86Tools again to create the Hex code.

4) Edited com.apple.Boot.plist that is the /Extra/ folder, and under <key>device-properties</key>, I replaced my old videocard only Hex code with the combined video-card+ethernet Hex code.

5) Go to System Preferences/Network, and delete all the devices on the left pane.

6) Go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ and delete NetworkInterfaces.plist. Reboot.

7) Once rebooted, go back to System Preferences/Network, and start adding devices again. Make sure you add Ethernet first, followed by WiFi (if you use WiFi as well) and all the other devices in there. You should be able to get into the App Store.

Hope this helps. :D

It's work for me in com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>built-in</key>
<string>0x01</string>
</dict>

But I must delete my display identification in com.apple.Boot.plist, because conflict.
I sign in App Store without video drivers.

BelowtheBelt,

Hey, I bought two of these Shuttle SG41J4 and need help. I have been able to get Snow Leopard 10.6.7 loaded on the machine booting off a CD Bootloader, but I have not been able to find a boot loader I can install on the hard drive that will work.

1. What did you use as your boot loader and how did you install it on your hard drive?

2. Where you able to get OS X Lion Installed? If yes, how did you get it installed and what boot loader did you use?

3. Also, did you get the onboard graphics working?

The ethernet was an easy fix for me I just bought this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 33-180-026 for 10 bucks and it gives native ethernet. It is the same drivers apple uses, plug and play.

Also, I was able to get wifi working, I can help you with the WIFI if you want it.

Please help me, I am close to selling these, I really would like to get them working.

Thanks,
MacModifier

Ok! here is the issue: (im drunk but ill do my best)

All of these solutions: ie. kext installs, pci fix, kext enablers....etc are just a way to get lucky and git your Networkinterfaces.plist to show :

<key>IOBuiltin</key>
<true/>

....trust me.. I tried them all:

The fact is; you can try these fixes and you might get lucky. The only real way to get this solved is to tell your hackintosh where to find your onboard ethernet; with an efi string; in your boot.plist folder. (unless you rock at dsdt editing... which I dont)

Here is how you do it:

If you r using lion (10.7.xx) its /extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist

it ur using Leopard (10.6.xx) its systemconfiguration/.com.apple.boot.plist

follow this link:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... try1082962

LISTEN!! - If you r using lion (10.7.xx) its /extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist

it ur using Leopard (10.6.xx) its systemconfiguration/.com.apple.boot.plist

that means - com.apple.boot.plist = org.chameleon.boot.plist on a hackintosh lion system.

This really is the only FOR SURE way to do it. GOOD LUCK!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back