Contribute
Register

No GUID is available. Contact Support for assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heyyyyy Anyone? please?

I've tried everything too and can't get it to work.

Owell, I'll just use it to look at apps then go directly to the authors site to grab them.

dmchenry35 said:
I've tried everything too and can't get it to work.

Owell, I'll just use it to look at apps then go directly to the authors site to grab them.

But most of them need to download in app store or not have for direct download

I'm getting this too and I've tried everything but installing ethernet drivers. I use a wireless USB dongle.

Trying ethernet drivers now and will report back.

I had the same issues. I tried doing all the plist editing and deleting of network settings but nothing worked.

My hardware: Gigabyte G41MT-D3, Apple Airport card in MiniPCI-E to PCI-E adapter, built-in ethernet. Mac OS X 10.6.8 installed on a primary partition (HFS+, journaled) on a GUID disk.

Solution: Edit the com.apple.Boot.plist, delete network interfaces, delete network configuration, re-run Multibeast with Lnx2Mac ethernet installer selected, reboot.

Apparently, the system is looking for en0 but only found en1; those are the UNIX names for the network interfaces. Without the built-in ethernet acting as en0, the Mac App Store would return the 'No GUID is available' error. Once I installed my built-in ethernet then restarted, then added my Airport card, everything worked.

tchoup said:
I had the same issues. I tried doing all the plist editing and deleting of network settings but nothing worked.

My hardware: Gigabyte G41MT-D3, Apple Airport card in MiniPCI-E to PCI-E adapter, built-in ethernet. Mac OS X 10.6.8 installed on a primary partition (HFS+, journaled) on a GUID disk.

Solution: Edit the com.apple.Boot.plist, delete network interfaces, delete network configuration, re-run Multibeast with Lnx2Mac ethernet installer selected, reboot.

Apparently, the system is looking for en0 but only found en1; those are the UNIX names for the network interfaces. Without the built-in ethernet acting as en0, the Mac App Store would return the 'No GUID is available' error. Once I installed my built-in ethernet then restarted, then added my Airport card, everything worked.

But as built-in ethernet it already show as en0 not en1 as before I do anything and after i install 10.6.8 it still show as en0

Same Problem here with the
ASUS WL-167G V3 – USB wlan adapter

I just used EFI Studio to add device properties and inject my Ethernet code to com.apple.Boot.plist. I have another com.apple.Boot.plist in \\Library\Preferences\SystemConfiguration where the EFI Studio was injecting the codes by default. I noticed that file now has the string for "device properties". What I did is copy the written codes to the com.apple.Boot.plist in the \\Extra Folder which in my case "device properties" and saved. I'm not sure but I repeated the process to delete the NetworkInterfaces.plist and delete all the Network connections in System pref\Network and just to make sure that I deleted all the network location, I deleted also the preferences.plist from same directory. I also have this string added as recommended here.

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Just rebooted and I was able to sign in to AppStore.

EFI.png

Attachments

• EFI.png
    EFI.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 266
billcrusher1038 said:
I just used EFI Studio to add device properties and inject my Ethernet code to com.apple.Boot.plist. I have another com.apple.Boot.plist in \\Library\Preferences\SystemConfiguration where the EFI Studio was injecting the codes by default. I noticed that file now has the string for "device properties". What I did is copy the written codes to the com.apple.Boot.plist in the \\Extra Folder which in my case "device properties" and saved. I'm not sure but I repeated the process to delete the NetworkInterfaces.plist and delete all the Network connections in System pref\Network and just to make sure that I deleted all the network location, I deleted also the preferences.plist from same directory. I also have this string added as recommended here.

<string>Yes</string>

EFI.png

Thanks for the instruction, billcrusher1038. My App store "No GUID available" error was solved. The error happened after updating to 10.6.8.
Thanks again!

billcrusher1038 said:

<string>Yes</string>

EFI.png
No **** It still there No GUID crap is available. Contact Support for save my ass :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back