Contribute
Register

No gpu after high sierra 17g4015 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same thing just happened to me. I rebooted my machine and then WHAM! all of a sudden it was installing updates that I didn't want. Ran the patch, didn't work for me. Then I decided to manually uninstall the driver, reboot, and install the patch again. It worked! I've got the GTX 1080. That patch saved my life! I have some graphics work I need to do this week and would have been screwed without that! Just disabled automatic updates in system preferences too. Should have done that from the start I guess...

nvidia-netinstall.sh did not work for me. Despite on reboot it show the NVIDIA drive as loaded.

I had to manually uninstall the driver before running nvidia-update.sh. I updated, followed by running Nvidia-update.sh which reported it patched the driver and said to reboot. Upon reboot I noticed the driver was not loaded despite the NVIDIA sys panel saying the NVIDIA driver was the current driver in use.

How does one go about - exactly - doing a "manual uninstall" of the existing NVIDIA driver?

Guys,

use this command in terminal.It will download and force install the 108 web drivers and you're good to go.
it worked for me.

bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update/master/nvidia-update.sh)

Ok! It works for me!
But I don't know what to do! My Hack works fine here.
Asus Z-77 + i7-3770 + GTX 1070ti

But I have a MacPro 5.1 12 core Xeon 3.46 32Gb 1333 running MacOS 10.13.6, but no one video card installed in it works...
Just a Quadro FX4800. This 1070ti didn't work in it. Now there is a Titan-X 12 Gb GDDR5 on it, but also doesn't work!
I simply don't know what to do...

I want to install the 2018-003 security update, but after download, install the system reboots.
Than at the Clover boot, what option do I have to choose?
Pre-boot? FileVault? Install OS pre-boot, OS?
I tried them all, and when I choose the standard it didn't install the update and I have to start all over again.
Anyone?

Guys where I can find full installer of High Sierra 17g4015? Mac App Store give me 17g2208 and this build is not compatible with any Nvidia web driver. I have to do a fresh installation.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Guys where I can find full installer of High Sierra 17g4015? Mac App Store give me 17g2208 and this build is not compatible with any Nvidia web driver. I have to do a fresh installation.
Thanks.
There is no full installer, it's a security update - Download Security Update 2018-003

Supplemental update (build number 17G2208) is limited to 2018 MacBook Pro models and is not available for other Macs.
There will be no Nvidia Web Driver for this build.

First you have to uninstall the web driver from Nvidia driver web manager préférences then reboot , use this in your terminal
when the installation is done reboot again

Thanks. Never noticed this before......

But NVIDIA seems to have released good drivers at last. I just did a download and install and works perfectly. No nvidia_network.sh required.

:headbang:

There is no full installer, it's a security update - Download Security Update 2018-003

Supplemental update (build number 17G2208) is limited to 2018 MacBook Pro models and is not available for other Macs.
There will be no Nvidia Web Driver for this build.

Thank you so much, I followed your link and after the update the last Nvidia web driver works perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back