Contribute
Register

No front panel audio on Maximus V Formula (ALC 898)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z97 Deluxe
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 780
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[Solved] No front panel audio on Maximus V Formula (ALC 898)

I installed ALC898 (without DSDT from Multibeast 5.0.2) and I can get sound from speakers connected at back green port but nothing happens when I connect headphone on the front panel. In system preferences "Internal speakers" does not change to "HeadPhone" and there is no sound output from headphone (instead sound is still coming from speakers). Is there any way to fix this issue?

I installed ALC898 (without DSDT from Multibeast 5.0.2) and I can get sound from speakers connected at back green port but nothing happens when I connect headphone on the front panel. In system preferences "Internal speakers" does not change to "HeadPhone" and there is no sound output from headphone (instead sound is still coming from speakers). Is there any way to fix this issue?
Nothing detected on pin, no sound.
Check:
1. BIOS - HD Audio
2. Front Panel - HD Audio capable
3. Motherboard - Front Panel/HD Audio Connector Plugged in correctly

Nothing detected on pin, no sound.
Check:
1. BIOS - HD Audio
2. Front Panel - HD Audio capable
3. Motherboard - Front Panel/HD Audio Connector Plugged in correctly

I already tested that and everything is as it should be. I have a dual boot machine and front panel audio is working fine in Windows 7. So I guess the problem is in Mountain lion. I also tried DSDT with audio id 898 with same results. I am getting the following assertion in log

Code:
[FONT=Lucida Grande]kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 350[/FONT]

I have attached my DSDT in case you can find something strange with it.

Attachments

• dsdt.dsl.zip
    36.2 KB · Views: 110
I'll test it once my motherboard comes in. I've got one build, up and running, using gigabytes UD5H.

Will definitely let you know how things go once I've got everything up and running with the MVF.

Finally I was able to solve my issue. For details see the following link (look for post 97)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/67763-ml-optimized-realtek-applehda-preview-alpha-10.html#post433955

I have attached modified drivers for this motherboard in case somebody wants to use it.

How can I change the thread title to solved?

Glad you got it working. Other than a few minor cosmetic fixes, minor hitches, and lack of complete audio support, I could of ran my rig DSDT-free. Still working on external USB 2 and 3 ports.

The fix you posted in the other thread helped out a lot, thank you. I think I'll create a user-build for the Maximus V Formula, along with a changelog, so others can track my progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back