Asus GeForce GTX 770 OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey everyone, I've searched everywhere and from what I can gather my front panel audio should be working fine. I have an MSI Z97-GD65 (ALC1150), which works great, everything supported from what I can tell. The case I am using is a Corsair C70, which I've seen front panel audio working in multiple threads/builds.

Now, this is where I'm confused. Inside MIDI Setup, when I plug in my headphones, the Source changes from Internal Speakers to Headphones:

Screen Shot 2014-10-13 at 11.56.08 PM.png

I've plugged it into the back of the computer and it works fine there, just not from the front panel. Anyone have any ideas why it's reading my headphones, but not giving me any sound? Thanks in advance!

Inside MIDI Setup, when I plug in my headphones, the Source changes from Internal Speakers to Headphones:
With the Headphones plugged in, what do you see in System Preferences/Sound/Output?

Screen Shot 2014-10-14 at 6.20.15 PM.png

Same thing as in MIDI setup, it's recognizing the headphones.

No problem with cable, works in rear. Front panel works inside Windows and Linux.

I will try another pair of headphones and see if that works. Thanks for trying!

I have this same problem, tested it in windows and thought i had the same problem but i actually researched it and had to disable front panel jack detection in realtek hd audio manager. Not sure why but it worked then. What do you suggest for mac os x?

I understand that AC97 doesn't work, i have hd audio plugged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back