Contribute
Register

No Front Panel audio after 10.6.6 (SOLVED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA Z77X UD5H (F14)
CPU
CORE I7 3770K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone, i thought i had a perfect hackintosh until i tested the front headphone jack. My headphone jack worked on 10.6.5, but not on 10.6.6. My motherboard is the Ga-P55-USB3 rev.2 running on Alc892. I have audio working through the back. Any help is appreciated. I used the audio rollback and MacMans kext for audio. I can quite remember if installed anything after 10.6.6

Re: No Front Panel audio after 10.6.6

I have the same board, front audio (headset) is working fine. Only headset, not MIC. Update 10.6.5 to 10.6.6 ok with sound. You might want to open up your case and ensure the front panel HDA connector is connected firmly into your board.

Yes, mine works fine as well. I used the same ALC892 solution from MultiBeast 3.3 as you have, I am running OS 10.6.6 and I have front and rear stereo output, line out and headphones, working as I need. I don't know if the front microphone is working because my mic is USB, nor do I know if the 5.1 rear outputs are working. I don't use them.

I assume you followed this important message from tonymacx86 here:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9928

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ALC 892 USERS:
Update your DSDT! We've added HDEF injection information to all of the Gigabyte boards in the DSDT Database. Just replace the DSDT.aml in your /Extra folder with the new one. And remember to name it DSDT.aml

Maybe try installing ALC8xxHDA again from MultiBeast. Some things work better the second time around. Don't forget to use the System Utilities in MB. Good luck!

Thank-You, got it working again. Just reinstalled using multi-beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back