Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
OK, The other day I got tired of that static from voodoohda on my 10.6.6 machine. I deleted it and tried to install MacMan's kext. No sound. I don't know what to use. I searched for a few days, but I couldn't find anything. Could somebody please help me? I need a very stable computer to do my stuff, and kernel panic every year is ok, but no sound..... :(

Yes, I have DSDT for my Mobo and I have rev 2 Bios F8? Should I upgrade my BIOS to F9?
As I said, MacMan's kext doesn't work for me. I think I have ALC 892

ikingblack said:
Yes, I have DSDT for my Mobo and I have rev 2 Bios F8? Should I upgrade my BIOS to F9?
As I said, MacMan's kext doesn't work for me. I think I have ALC 892
Not just ALC8xxHDA is needed, you need also AppleHDA Rollback installed using Multibeast in addition with System Utilities ticked.

I quote to Tony, he said: IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ALC 892 USERS:
Update your DSDT! We've added HDEF injection information to all of the Gigabyte boards in the DSDT Database. Just replace the DSDT.aml in your /Extra folder with the new one. And remember to name it DSDT.aml
Thats not just for the ALC 892 i guess, i recommend always to update your bios to the newest version and use the matching DSDT.aml for that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back