4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. LC
  4. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I updated to Sierra with out any problems. Installed the updated the web drivers from NVIDIA but see that I still don't have CUDA drivers that work. That's the same problem that I had with the beta versions of Sierra. Does anyone think that NVIDIA will have a fix for this soon? I have a couple of apps. that use CUDA and need it to work.

I have a couple of apps. that use CUDA and need it to work.
Umm yeah, you should check that before upgrading OSes on their 2nd day of release...?

Umm yeah, you should check that before upgrading OSes on their 2nd day of release...?
I did check and chose to upgrade anyway. I dual boot with Windows 10 and can use CUDA in those apps in windows, so it was not a deal breaker if I didn't have CUDA in macOS right away. Was just wondering if anyone knew if there was going t be a CUDA upgrade for Sierra. BTW I upgraded on the first day of release. I was just asking a question and don't need criticism. Just would like an answer if anyone has one. XQC your comment wasn't an answer was it?

Same boat as yourself, I've been searching the web trying to get an answer to when cuda will be updated, no luck. My best guess is they are waiting to do one large update with cuda 8, which should be toward the end of the month.

Finally the CUDA8 including support for Sierra is here! CUDA Driver Version 8.0.46.
https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-downloads
Working perfect with DaVinci Resolve and Adobe CC2015.
Is there a way to get just the drivers? I see there only link to download some "toolkit" that is 1.4gb. And installation guide says I need Xcode. I don't think I have one.

Finally downloaded it. You can install drivers separately without toolkit and without xcode.
I was hoping that this driver update will fix non-working CUDA in Octane render. It didn't. Octane now can see my GTX950 but doesn't use it. But maybe it's problem with the app and Sierra.

Again a newer Version is out!
  1. Open cuda_8.0.47_mac-dmg
  2. Tested with Octane and is running perfect.
  3. Tested with all Adobe CC2015 applications, and running good.

I tried to reinstall CUDA drivers (from here: https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-downloads ) and Octane (3.03.4). Despite the downloaded version of dmg says "cuda_8.0.47_mac-dmg" after installation I see "CUDA Driver Version: 8.0.46" in System preferences. And in Octane standalone demo I got this error: CUDA error 2 on device 0: out of memory -> failed to allocated device memory.
And After Effects also gives errors: "Out of paged mapped memory for ray tracer. Try updating the CUDA driver. (5070 :: 2)"
Do you have 8.0.47 in your System preferences?

After installing Cuda driver 8.0.47 today, there is still the 8.0.46 in my Preference.
Funny but working fine. Try the OctaneBench 2.17 app. Its free and you don't need a license.
davinci12.png
cuda.png

premiere cc.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back