i9-9900k
Graphics
Radeon Vii
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The problem
(*) After installing clover using uefi settings, clover gets called at hdrive boot after uefi is set in the bios. My laptop runs clover & executes OS10.10 from hdrive, but selecting Win7 from clover will not execute win7.
(*) if I reformat efi partition and reinstall clover using efi settings as recommended, & disabling the uefi in bios - then clover does not execute from hdrive. When booting, boot executes win7 - bypassing clover.
(*) In summary, I can only run both OS10.10 & Win 7 from hdrive successfully by booting into usb clover-OS install.

1) I want to be able to use UEFI clover & boot from hdrive BOTH os10.10 ( which now works) as well as Win7 (does not boot)
OR
2) I want to be able to use EFI clover and boot from hdrive BOTH os10.10 & Win7.

Note:
I successfully installed Yosemite in HP 6560b Laptop. I am able to boot Clover via clover/os10.10 install USB. From there, I can execute OS10.10 and Windows 7 pro. Post OS10.10 install, I installed Clover onto harddive with the suggested settings and files (like the one’s in the usb install.) Added the good config.plist, kext’s, & .efi files as instructed in tonymacx86.com clover install.

Any help is greatly appreciated
:crazy:

The problem
(*) After installing clover using uefi settings, clover gets called at hdrive boot after uefi is set in the bios. My laptop runs clover & executes OS10.10 from hdrive, but selecting Win7 from clover will not execute win7.
(*) if I reformat efi partition and reinstall clover using efi settings as recommended, & disabling the uefi in bios - then clover does not execute from hdrive. When booting, boot executes win7 - bypassing clover.
(*) In summary, I can only run both OS10.10 & Win 7 from hdrive successfully by booting into usb clover-OS install.

1) I want to be able to use UEFI clover & boot from hdrive BOTH os10.10 ( which now works) as well as Win7 (does not boot)
OR
2) I want to be able to use EFI clover and boot from hdrive BOTH os10.10 & Win7.

Note:
I successfully installed Yosemite in HP 6560b Laptop. I am able to boot Clover via clover/os10.10 install USB. From there, I can execute OS10.10 and Windows 7 pro. Post OS10.10 install, I installed Clover onto harddive with the suggested settings and files (like the one’s in the usb install.) Added the good config.plist, kext’s, & .efi files as instructed in tonymacx86.com clover install.

Any help is greatly appreciated
:crazy:

What I think is going on is that windows is not installed in UEFI mode, and if you have a modern laptop then you have UEFI and Clover can only boot UEFI OS's (I presume). Try reinstalling Windows in UEFI mode (there will be an option in the Windows Installer, I think it needs to be installed on a GPT partitioned Hard Drive). Or you can try installing Clover Legacy and see if it works.

I think AGuyWhoIsBored is correct. But there might be a work around if you can't reinstall windows. Use CloverConfigurator to add the LegacyBiosDefault setting, see pict below.

Screen Shot 2014-11-11 at 10.15.54 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back