Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> No booting after post installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Folks,

Stunning news this week.

First of all I got the multi-boot box working well, with Clover coming up after the UEFI and offering to boot into Windows or Mojave. The Mojave runs perfectly on the PC box, so much so that I have been using that instead of my old iMac, which feels slow and old. The Mojave itself starts, runs and performs generally excellently off the SSD, and the big test - X Plane 11 also runs brilliantly under Mojave on SSD. Good progress. I've even got sound going now too.

Booting into windows on my Seagate drive took an age to load and then Windows takes 100% RAM and 100% Disk for the first 5 minutes or so. After that, things are as good as they've always been. X Plane 11 is much slower to load off a HDD.

Booting into windows from my WD HDD is much faster and windows doesn't hog the memory or disk at all.

As usual, windows forced me to change my password four times during this test session, and then did 35 updates, which took an hour.

So, overall, I can say that the HHackintosh project has been a success, and has proven that the hardware I have is more than adequate for what I want to do.

And then...........

Apple announced (in England) the new iMac. I've specified a machine to meet my needs and ordered one. It comes tomorrow.

More soon????

Aussie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back