3. iMac
  4. LC
  5. Performa
  6. Power Mac
  7. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I am trying to get from charming Mojave to either Sonoma or Monterey. Both USB boot drives are basically working but on both I get stuck on the Clover 5157 intro screen (see attached screenshot) and can not get anywhere from here. No install option whatsoever. Of course it is something in my setup but what can it be? Do I have to load the USB install drive’s EFI with all the files (DSDT, kexts and such) I have on my working Mojave build's EFI? Are certain boot flags necessary for my build? Thanks... Oh and it is for my signature build.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    42.1 KB · Views: 17
I am trying to get from charming Mojave to either Sonoma or Monterey. Both USB boot drives are basically working but on both I get stuck on the Clover 5157 intro screen (see attached screenshot) and can not get anywhere from here. No install option whatsoever. Of course it is something in my setup but what can it be? Do I have to load the USB install drive’s EFI with all the files (DSDT, kexts and such) I have on my working Mojave build's EFI? Are certain boot flags necessary for my build? Thanks... Oh and it is for my signature build.
DSDT.aml should not be needed

later versions of clover has opencore mashed into it, meaning you need a lot more entries in your config.plist to make it work

better off migrating over to opencore itself

DSDT.aml should not be needed

later versions of clover has opencore mashed into it, meaning you need a lot more entries in your config.plist to make it work

better off migrating over to opencore itself
Thanks, I would have loved to migrate to OpenCore form the start, but in the guide (for 14.0 installation /Sonoma and also for 12.0 installation /Monterey) when I click on the "Download OpenCore Bootloader 0.9.2" link I am taken to a page that offers me an OpenCore-0.9.8-RELEASE.zip download that has a lot of stuff, but no bootloader (see screenshots). Or do I just not see or get it? What do I have to download here?

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    717 KB · Views: 13
  • screen.png
    screen.png
    981.6 KB · Views: 14
Thanks, I would have loved to migrate to OpenCore form the start, but in the guide (for 14.0 installation /Sonoma and also for 12.0 installation /Monterey) when I click on the "Download OpenCore Bootloader 0.9.2" link I am taken to a page that offers me an OpenCore-0.9.8-RELEASE.zip download that has a lot of stuff, but no bootloader (see screenshots). Or do I just not see or get it? What do I have to download here?
that is correct, you use the X64 EFI

Thank you for pointing me to this guide, I put some of my aging grey matter into following it and now I realised that I do not have a Haswell or Broadwell processor but a Sandy Bridge one. So after setting up my EFI base set and starting to configure my config.plist, am I still good wenn I choose Sandy Bridge in the guide instead of Haswell/Broadwell? And is it correct that I can do Ventura with this processor - as I have a updated motherboard that is UEFI capable since 2016?

Thank you for pointing me to this guide, I put some of my aging grey matter into following it and now I realised that I do not have a Haswell or Broadwell processor but a Sandy Bridge one. So after setting up my EFI base set and starting to configure my config.plist, am I still good wenn I choose Sandy Bridge in the guide instead of Haswell/Broadwell? And is it correct that I can do Ventura with this processor - as I have a updated motherboard that is UEFI capable since 2016?
Monterey really:
https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/sandy-bridge.html

I kept as closely as possible to the guide, went through the config.plist editing process twice to make sure all is set right. But I did not get past the Gigabyte welcome screen. No boot options came up. Had the Monterey USB and an empty 256GB APFS GUID SSD and minimal setup (one display, 1 keyboard, one wifi mouse and LAN). I found three empty opencore text files on my USB after my three unsuccessful tries. I am attaching them here, plus my USB's EFI if that is of any help... I admit I found the SSDTs I use somewhere on tonymacx86.com, do I need to code those myself instead? Again this is for my haus_k signature build:
GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 | i7 2600K | Radeon HD 5770

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 6
  • opencore-2024-02-20-175835.txt
    256 KB · Views: 3
  • opencore-2024-02-20-180041.txt
    256 KB · Views: 3
  • opencore-2024-02-20-181206.txt
    256 KB · Views: 5
I kept as closely as possible to the guide, went through the config.plist editing process twice to make sure all is set right. But I did not get past the Gigabyte welcome screen. No boot options came up. Had the Monterey USB and an empty 256GB APFS GUID SSD and minimal setup (one display, 1 keyboard, one wifi mouse and LAN). I found three empty opencore text files on my USB after my three unsuccessful tries. I am attaching them here, plus my USB's EFI if that is of any help... I admit I found the SSDTs I use somewhere on tonymacx86.com, do I need to code those myself instead? Again this is for my haus_k signature build:
GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 | i7 2600K | Radeon HD 5770
this section looks incorrect:

Code:
<key>DeviceProperties</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Add</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x16,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>OhwAAA==</data>
            </dict>