Contribute
Register

No Boot after trying to test usb drive with El capitan (clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have 10.8 and i was trying to boot with the usb created by the guide :

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

It didn't work, several times, get stuck with the apple logo (screen black) and a progress bar that even get to the end but nothing happened. Didn't arrive to the installation screen.

But after several tries i still could unplug the usb and boot to my system.

Sorry mates i really dont know how i make the super fail. But in the next reboot i get a grey screen with blue title (it says boot manager) that let me choose where i wanna boot but nothing works.

Not SSD of my 10.8 system and not even el capitan usb created

It says Continue (this selection will direct the system to continue to booting system process) but nothing happens.

I apologize for my ignorance because i know im a newbie to your community, i got a success on my 10.8 installation years ago just due to your guides.

I leave you a photo of the boot manager (sorry for the quality) and i hope you mates could help me to solve it. I dont care if i have to format ssd cause i have time machine.

Thanks in advance cause i really need this machine to my work...

Attachments

• AmosUM9GyPZ0YIZshKG8AN2FjtcgYDkEcg9QiStliVOK.jpg
    AmosUM9GyPZ0YIZshKG8AN2FjtcgYDkEcg9QiStliVOK.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 357
My installation is different from yours and my system boots to that same window and then I am stuck there but you might want to try the following which is taken from the Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems:

How to Use Boot Maintenance Manager
Note: For Clover Legacy Boot Mode only.

These steps will scan the USB using File Explorer and allow you to boot Clover from file.
1.Choose Boot Maintenance Manager and hit Enter
2.Choose Boot From File and hit Enter
3.Choose USB and hit Enter (or to boot to a system drive, choose that instead)
4.Choose EFI and hit Enter
5.Choose BOOT and hit Enter
6.Choose BOOTX64.efi and hit Enter

First of all thanks for the quick response!

I´ve made the usb in UEFI for my GA Z77-DS3H i thought it was the way to do it. Or not?

Anyway i'll have a look for that. Thanks for the idea, i think this will be a long weekend........

honey make some coffee!!!

Wish I could help you more, I am running a legacy system and it's been a long week for me, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back