Contribute
Register

No boot, after removing, and reinstalling ssd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
need to add NvmExpressDxe-64 to Drivers64UEFI folder, in the Clover folder of the EFI partition of the USB installer. This has worked for me on a Dell optiPlex 7010 and hp6300 Pro. Help it helps.

I will give it a shot. I got nothing to lose. Been dealing with this nightmare for 2 weeks now. Well, that didnt work. UGH

No issues installing, and booting on my sata ssd, but my nvme??? Just fails every-time,

No issues installing, and booting on my sata ssd, but my nvme??? Just fails every-time,
Can Clover see the NVMe at the CB screen?, does it show up as an option?. It could be the brand isn’t compatible, I have only installed HPEX900 or HPEX920, so can’t speak for other NVMe brands.

Can Clover see the NVMe at the CB screen?, does it show up as an option?. It could be the brand isn’t compatible, I have only installed HPEX900 or HPEX920, so can’t speak for other NVMe brands.
Yes, it sees it just fine. Just won't complete the installation.

Yes, it sees it just fine. Just won't complete the installation.
Hmm!, in that situation it could be worth starting installation from scratch, with only the SSD and NVMe connected. I’m not sure what else to suggest other than look at NVMe brands that have been tested by users on this site and reported success.

Hmm!, in that situation it could be worth starting installation from scratch, with only the SSD and NVMe connected. I’m not sure what else to suggest other than look at NVMe brands that have been tested by users on this site and reported success.
Only one slot...I might try a different brand, and hope for the best. Am I really gonna see a big difference between a satta ssd, and nvme ssd? If not, i will just still with the sata.

Only one slot...I might try a different brand, and hope for the best. Am I really gonna see a big difference between a satta ssd, and nvme ssd? If not, i will just still with the sata.
Do you mean SATA NVMe as in connected to the board via a SATA cable?. Or is it connected via PCIe in the X4 or X16 slot?. I can only speak for NVMe connected via PCIe, I have a HP 250 GB EX900 and a Kingspec 128 GB NVMe. I connected both of these to my 7010 motherboard in either the X4 X16 slot and have worked no problems. The HP read/writes 1200/1800MBs, that’s with an i7-3770!. Other brands I have read that work are WD black, HP EX900, (the EX920 has a heat sensor issue). Samsung EVO but not the plus, though a recent firmware update might have taken care of that. And Silicon Power.

Do you mean SATA NVMe as in connected to the board via a SATA cable?. Or is it connected via PCIe in the X4 or X16 slot?. I can only speak for NVMe connected via PCIe, I have a HP 250 GB EX900 and a Kingspec 128 GB NVMe. I connected both of these to my 7010 motherboard in either the X4 X16 slot and have worked no problems. The HP read/writes 1200/1800MBs, that’s with an i7-3770!. Other brands I have read that work are WD black, HP EX900, (the EX920 has a heat sensor issue). Samsung EVO but not the plus, though a recent firmware update might have taken care of that. And Silicon Power.
This is the laptop section...I dont have x4 or x16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back