i3-8100
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@toleda
Edit 1/25/19: Since you're a BT seasoned vet, hoping you can take a look at this. I ended up purchasing a USB dongle as suggested below, but it does not work. Thinking it has something to do with bluetooth already being present? I find it hard to believe that if I bought a recommended Mobo knowing that the BT works, but the wifi does not, that I might be missing a kext or something that is preventing the BT from being fully functional. I'm not much of a techie, but can try some mods. Original post follows with updated screen pix.

Original post:
Trying to determine why bluetooth is not working on my budget friendly build. My Gigabyte H370N mobo has WIFI and bluetooth, but only the bluetooth is supported. The only BT device I have is a Magic Keyboard. The "wired" keyboard is present in the Sys Report, and bluetooth is showing as ON. Can anyone point me to what might be needed to get the BT working?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Attachments

• 1-Sys Rpt Bluetooth.png
    1-Sys Rpt Bluetooth.png
    157.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 2-Sys Rpt USB.png
    2-Sys Rpt USB.png
    146.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 3-IOReg.png
    3-IOReg.png
    152.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 4-IOReg.png
    4-IOReg.png
    143.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 5-Bluetooth.png
    5-Bluetooth.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Trying to determine why bluetooth is not working on my budget friendly build. My Gigabyte H370N mobo has WIFI and bluetooth, but only the bluetooth is supposed to be supported. The only BT device I have is a Magic Keyboard. The "wired" keyboard is present in the Sys Report, and bluetooth is showing as ON. Can anyone point me to what might be needed to get the BT working?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
I believe it's necessary to install and run Windows, which will load the driver/firmware to the Intel BT card, and then you can use it in MacOS. But if you disconnect power cable or flip the switch on the power supply, the firmware will be reset and you'll have to run Windows again. [Because this is second hand information, I cannot confirm it.]

For this reason, a lot of us have opted to disregard the built-in CNVi card on our Gigabyte motherboards and instead use either PCIe cards with BCM94360CS2 or USB dongles.

@CaseySJ

Thanks for the info. Too bad the listed "mini" hardware recommendation doesn't fully detail that BT is an issue. Since all I want is the ability to use my BT keyboard, I'll probably go the dongle route for now. You seem like a super sleuth, how good are you at analyzing unknown reboot issues? I posted a question (#10) in this thread: [Success] Mojave 14.2 on GA-Z370P D3+i5-8600K+IntelHD630.

Thanks again for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back