Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700K
Graphics
Sapphire Radeon PULSE RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I've just built a new Hackintosh with the below specs. It's been quite a few years since I last owned a hackintosh so I'm kind of a noob. I went with the Hackintosh Pro parts from the buyer's guide.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Ultra-Gaming
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700k
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 630

I've successfully installed High Sierra and can boot up fine. I've gone through the post-installation steps and run Multibeast. I was able to lookup the audio driver I needed (ALC1220), but I don't see any output devices under System->Sound.

I wasn't able to find anything about which option to choose in Multibeast for networking. The Gigabyte specs just say "Intel® GbE LAN." When I go to System->Network, it shows the status as "Cable Unplugged."

Not really sure where to go from here. I've looked at the "Before You Install Guide" but have no idea how to even follow those steps: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...p-realtek-applehda-guide.219810/#post-1492288

Any help would be appreciated if you have experience with this particular motherboard. Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: I was able to fix ethernet by using the IntelMausiEthernet option in Multibeast. This post mentioned the kext https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...16gb-ram-gtx1080-250gb-evo-ssd-1tb-hdd.237961.

Last edited:
I think @toleda's scripts work with your board. I don't actually know what multibeast does for sound. I typically don't use Multibeast for sound if I know toleda's scripts support it. It's possible multibeast runs toleda's scripts. The description in multibeast might be informative.

If you want to run the scripts manually, go to
https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC

Should be as simple as, download and run the audio_cloverALC-130.sh script. Check the readme.

If you want sound to work over HDMI, so that the speakers in an HDMI-connected monitor work, you may need his CloverHDMI script.

Be sure to have mounted the EFI partition before running the script, the 130 as noted above.
You have to pay attention to the terminal box as you will have to input your credentials and answer Y at several points. Let the script run until it says it is done as it pauses a few times.
Then reboot. You will have to experiment as sometimes Line Out and sometimes Internal Speaker is the correct output device.
If that does not work there are USB audio adapters for as little as $7 (e.g. Sabrent) that work in OSX and Windows and seem to be the same quality as the circuitry on the motherboard as well as higher cost/quality units.

Thanks @aol and @bmoag. I ran the script and I was able to see the output devices but now have another issue. Any video I try to play (Youtube, etc) gets stuck at 0:00 and doesn't move forward. The internet connection is okay.

Also, not sure if this is related but if I wake from sleep, the computer restarts without any type of warning.

Trying another clean install without choosing any audio options from Multibeast.

UPDATE: Same issue with clean install. I didn't use Multibeast for the audio at all. Videos load but do not play.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 2.02.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 2.02.44 PM.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 114
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back