Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> No audio output devices in Sound or Hackintool. Present in PCIe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
00JT358
CPU
intel i5 5200 Broadwell
Graphics
intel hd 5500
Hi all,

I have successfully Hackintoshed my Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga (Intel i5, Broadwell, Intel HD 5500, 16GB RAM) with Monterey. everything works apart from my brightness slider and my audio.

the audio is my main issue. there are no output devices when going into settings > sound, and Hackintool also does not show any sound devices. I can see that the hardware is present.

My audio codec is ALC283. I have Lilu and AppleALC kext files present. I'm not sure how to proceed?

I have tried using all the layout IDs on my config.plist file but none of them work - something must be missing?

This is my first time doing this so I'm a complete noob so I apologise in advance if I don't quite understand - im unsure about how to do a "patch" so would appreciate some guidance if necessary

thanks
Screenshot 2022-03-01 at 17.35.56.png
Screenshot 2022-03-01 at 17.37.36.png
Screenshot 2022-03-01 at 17.35.07.png

You appear to be using an Intel 7265 WiFi/Bluetooth card in your Laptop.

That being the case you can remove these Broadcom kexts:
  • AirportBrcmFixup.kext
  • BrcmFirmwareData.kext
  • BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
  • BlueToolFixup.kext
These are the Intel kexts, which you should retain, assuming your Intel WiFi/BT card is supported by AirportItlwm:
  • AirportItlwm.kext
  • IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext
  • IntelBluetoothInjector.kext
You have two audio kexts, you only need one - AppleALC.kext.
  • AppleALCU.kext is for USB audio devices.
  • Your old Broadwell laptop doesn't need the AppleALCU.kext.
You have two audio devices in your laptop.
  • One that works with your CPU/HDMI port
  • The other the built-in Realtek device
These two Audio devices are highlighted in the screenshot below.
Screenshot 2022-03-01 at 17.37.36.png The lower of the two is the Realtek device.

You have three Ethernet kexts, you only need one, which one depends on which Ethernet controller your laptop uses.
  • AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext
  • IntelMausi/kext
  • RealtekRTL8111.kext
Let us know which Lenovo laptop model you have and we may be able to identify the Ethernet controller. Assuming it has one. Because there is no Ethernet Network Controller listed in the Hackintool > PCIe screenshot you posted.

To the main issue you raised, your Audio not working.

The Realtek ALC283 codec can be activated using the following layout-id's:

layout 1, 3, 11, 12, 13, 15, 44, 45, 66, 88.

Of these layout 3 is a general Laptop id, which should work for a lot of laptops.

Layout 12, 15 & 44 are specific layout ids for Lenovo/Thinkpad/ThinkCentre systems, which might have a higher chance of working with your Lenovo laptop.

I assume you are using OpenCore as you are running macOS Monterey. Are you using the DeviceProperties option or the alcid=xx boot argument to set the Audio layout ID?

When you are setting the different layout ID's in your config.plist and rebooting the system. Are you then using the ClearNvram and ResetSystem tools from the OC boot screen, whenever you change the id in the config? If not then you may not be removing the previous layout ID from your setup, as the boot arg alcid=xx setting is retained in NVRAM.

Sharing your OC EFI folder might give us a better idea of what you are using with your laptop. If you do post a copy of your EFI - remember to remove/redact your Serial Number, MLB, ROM and SystemUUID from the config.plist, as you don't want others using your settings.

Hi all,

I have successfully Hackintoshed my Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga (Intel i5, Broadwell, Intel HD 5500, 16GB RAM) with Monterey. everything works apart from my brightness slider and my audio.

the audio is my main issue. there are no output devices when going into settings > sound, and Hackintool also does not show any sound devices. I can see that the hardware is present.

My audio codec is ALC283. I have Lilu and AppleALC kext files present. I'm not sure how to proceed?

I have tried using all the layout IDs on my config.plist file but none of them work - something must be missing?

This is my first time doing this so I'm a complete noob so I apologise in advance if I don't quite understand - im unsure about how to do a "patch" so would appreciate some guidance if necessary

thanks
View attachment 542948View attachment 542949View attachment 542947
I have moved your post to laptop support

You appear to be using an Intel 7265 WiFi/Bluetooth card in your Laptop.

That being the case you can remove these Broadcom kexts:
  • AirportBrcmFixup.kext
  • BrcmFirmwareData.kext
  • BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
  • BlueToolFixup.kext
These are the Intel kexts, which you should retain, assuming your Intel WiFi/BT card is supported by AirportItlwm:
  • AirportItlwm.kext
  • IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext
  • IntelBluetoothInjector.kext
You have two audio kexts, you only need one - AppleALC.kext.
  • AppleALCU.kext is for USB audio devices.
  • Your old Broadwell laptop doesn't need the AppleALCU.kext.
You have two audio devices in your laptop.
  • One that works with your CPU/HDMI port
  • The other the built-in Realtek device
These two Audio devices are highlighted in the screenshot below.
View attachment 543170 The lower of the two is the Realtek device.

You have three Ethernet kexts, you only need one, which one depends on which Ethernet controller your laptop uses.
  • AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext
  • IntelMausi/kext
  • RealtekRTL8111.kext
Let us know which Lenovo laptop model you have and we may be able to identify the Ethernet controller. Assuming it has one. Because there is no Ethernet Network Controller listed in the Hackintool > PCIe screenshot you posted.

To the main issue you raised, your Audio not working.

The Realtek ALC283 codec can be activated using the following layout-id's:

layout 1, 3, 11, 12, 13, 15, 44, 45, 66, 88.

Of these layout 3 is a general Laptop id, which should work for a lot of laptops.

Layout 12, 15 & 44 are specific layout ids for Lenovo/Thinkpad/ThinkCentre systems, which might have a higher chance of working with your Lenovo laptop.

I assume you are using OpenCore as you are running macOS Monterey. Are you using the DeviceProperties option or the alcid=xx boot argument to set the Audio layout ID?

When you are setting the different layout ID's in your config.plist and rebooting the system. Are you then using the ClearNvram and ResetSystem tools from the OC boot screen, whenever you change the id in the config? If not then you may not be removing the previous layout ID from your setup, as the boot arg alcid=xx setting is retained in NVRAM.

Sharing your OC EFI folder might give us a better idea of what you are using with your laptop. If you do post a copy of your EFI - remember to remove/redact your Serial Number, MLB, ROM and SystemUUID from the config.plist, as you don't want others using your settings.
Thanks for your help - I can confirm that alcid=12 works for me in the NVRAM.

Not sure how to mark this thread as solved, but I have now fixed the sound by patching IRQs. Sound is now working.

Thanks for your advice with the kexts, it is cleaned up nicely now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back