Contribute
Register

No audio or LAN after 10.7 install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a similar issue (Asus P5Q-E with Q6600).

Audio and LAN was working fine with 10.6.8 but now on 10.7 and audio and LAN broke.

Have corrected LAN by editing /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist and searching for the key 88E8053, changing that to 88E056 and then changing the OPCIPrimaryMatch value from 0x436211ab to 0x436411ab and finally the Model to Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8056 Singleport Copper SA.

Had to copy the KEXT onto the desktop, edit and then use KextBeast to install.

Might be worth a try?

Will try the AppleDHA rollback on the sound issue and report back.

ijhu said:
Did you apply AppleHDA rollback inside MULTIBEAST?

I am a little surprised there was no multibeast release in concert with the Lion release, except that first things first and congrats for a great upgrade strategy that works.

The Lion GM is one in the same as the general release today (not exactly a surprise). I would definitely NOT do an AppleHDA rollback on 10.7 until we get some confirmation from MrT specifically regarding that function in Multibeast and 10.7 or a new Multibeast3.8+ whichever comes first!

Similar problem with 10.7.0

As with 10.6.7 and 10.6.8 installs, had to run MultiBeast to enable LAN and audio. This time no audio. LAN works fine. Used MultiBeast 3.8.0. The 3rd time I ran MultiBeast, I did use the Apple HDA rollback. No change. :problem:

I have not tried to reinstall the DSDT as didn't have to in .7 to .8 update. May try that yet

Also having issue with Magic Mouse not enabled. Have to remove using preferences and then re-install after each restart. Macally Bluetooth keyboard comes up fine.
Have to reset the desktop and screensaver after each startup. :think:
MultiBeast Settings.png

Attachments

• MultiBeast Settings.png
    MultiBeast Settings.png
    168.9 KB · Views: 221
Tried the AppleHDA rollback in MB 3.8.0 - still no sound though.

On a positive note everything else looks good so far.

roadrunner197069 said:
Try the roll back with the non DSDT for your codec.

Would I just check the Non-DSDT HDAEnabler in total or choose selected items and not check the ALC8xxHDA at the Rollback level? Thanks! :wave:

Edit: Had to re-install 10.7.0 since the TRIM Support Enabler blew up the system.
Removed HDAEnabler892 manually from System/Library/Extensions.
Ran MultiBeast with the following settings and everything is good. Have Ethernet and sound!
:thumbup:
MB 3.8.0 for 10.7.0.png

Attachments

• MB 3.8.0 for 10.7.0.png
    MB 3.8.0 for 10.7.0.png
    198.1 KB · Views: 181
--snip-- Never mind the original post I made.

Had same problem as everyone else, all I had to do was just launch of MultiBeast, then install the AppleHDARollBack, ALC8xxHDA, and then your specific Audio drive, then choose the Realtek 2.0.6 ethernet driver, and finally system utilites. It will do its thing, when it successfully completes, reboot and everything should be working. You'll be able to test the ethernet right away without a reboot.

Enjoy!
Kukag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back