Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock Z690 extreme
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 580
I am trying to build a dual boot system, working on Opencore.

The situation is:

-Big Sur Installed and working. The sound..., everything is OK.
-Windows installed on EFI mode, but no sound in windows. Actually no speakers, is like a conflict with the injected data on opencore. The system shows HDMI sound, and Digital Output, but no line out, and no line in.

If I erase the Opencore Efi, I have sound in windows with "Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio".

What I have tryed:

-Installing drivers from Bootcamp- NOT WORK
-RE-installing drivers of High DEfinition Audio- NOT WORK
-Changing config.plist:
"PLatform info\ UpdateSMBIOSMode> Custom"
"Kernel\Quirks\Custombiosguid>True" NOT WORK, but i have the normal Motherboard data on windows system.

What I am going to try:

-Reinstalling Windows (Suspect is goin to persist the problem)

Which is the data that Opencore changes to windows to dont work properly?
Have i got More Options?
I have googled a lot for this, and there is no answer to this problem.
:idea:

Last edited:
It seems that I have found the solution NO FIX YET, after reading half the Opencore manual, and trying many weird things, I have simply tried to add this part of Dortania Guide to the config.plist:

AppleALC not working from Windows reboot​

If you find that rebooting from Windows into macOS breaks audio, we recommend either adding alctsel=1 to boot-args or add this property to your audio device in DeviceProperties:​

DeviceProperties
| --- > Add​

| --- > PciRoot(0x32)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)(Adjust to your device)​

| ----> alctsel | Data | 01000000​

Now sound is working properly on both OS doing weird things on windows. The funniest part is this fix works the other way around. Obviously is not the solution.
Searching i have found something about "JackFix" but the github was erased, so a mistery.
I will update if something brakes about sound.:beachball:

Last edited:
Going deeper, i have found this:
ACPI patches and SSDTs are applied to all operating systems. Adjust your SSDTs with If (_OSI ("Darwin")) {} or use rEFind in conjunction with OpenCore.

So lookin in sysinfo on windows, there are a lot of conflicts, IO ports and memory directions, about, the acpi injection of Opencore. There is an Opencore fork for that but they are still on 0.5.8.

Ok, I've reinstalled windows, and changed the pci of Fenvi T919, to another position after that no more conflicts with the sound. So now i am not shure about what makes the trick. If the Fenvi card, or just starting windows from out of Opencore.

The option of ACPI patches is out of my specs.

Anyways, I am not goin to enter in windows from Opencore anymore.
I was trying rEFInd, but i don't like it. So with F11 i choose the operating system. Actually, just to go on opencore, and windows by default. Cos' windows is hungry of rebboting and updates.

Now everything is working porperly on both sides.

Note: Just a recomendation, if you want to have a hard drive for sharing data between Windows and Macos, the best i have found is to make the partition to exfat, from the windows side. When i made the partition from macos, it was doing superweird things, like diferent folders and files on diferent os'es.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back