GTX 550Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,

I've installed Big Sur 11.2.1 on my laptop following OpenCore guide (0.6.6), so far so good except for two audio issues :

- No sound after sleep,
- No audio on headphones at all,

What I've tried so far :
- Tested every compatible layout-id: 1,3,13,14,15,21,28,77 but only 13,21,28,77 gets internal speakers working and none for headphones.
- I've generated codec dump file using linux system,
- I've generated PinConfig data using Pinconfigurator,
- I've downloaded the source folder for AppleALC on Github (acidanthera) (https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC),
- I've added Lilu.kext (debug version into AppleALC folder),
- I've chosen 21 as a layout-id for my codec to add the files layout21.xml and Platforms21.xml into Resources/ALC295/, and made changes into info.plist to fit these two files,
- I've tried to create the new custom AppleALC.kext using Xcode 12.4 but I got an error message, actually the build was successful but when I click on Run to generate the new AppleALC.kext I got the error message: " ResourceConverter: Invalid usage Program ended with exit code: 1". I look for a solution on google and I found that installing the toolchain Swift 5.3.3 can solve the problem, unfortunately it doesn't for me.

Am I doing things wrong? I'm a newbie on hackintoshing, and your help is very welcomed,

Regards,

Attachments

• card0-codec#0.txt
    10 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
I'll give it a try, thanks for your help :thumbup:
Did you try this?
I have a an517-52, close to your model with ALC295,
and was able to use audio, both speakers and headphones, with layout-id 77, combined with codeccommander.
However, audio is gone after sleep, even I run Jack Fix after wake up,
audio wont come back.

Was your try successful after sleep as well?

Did you try this?
I have a an517-52, close to your model with ALC295,
and was able to use audio, both speakers and headphones, with layout-id 77, combined with codeccommander.
However, audio is gone after sleep, even I run Jack Fix after wake up,
audio wont come back.

Was your try successful after sleep as well?
use my ALC295 fix. works after sleep, boot etc. no need for codec commander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back